Looking at maybe setting up a BlackBerry PRIV on Verizon... would this be a good choice still? I need a larger screen as I'm always watching videos and the key 2 is just too small... should I go for it or just go for the S10 5G (only for screen size not 5G) or Note 10 6.75"? my S8 is kinda killing itself so need to update my main phone soon
    05-18-19 01:48 AM
    Looking at maybe setting up a BlackBerry PRIV on Verizon... would this be a good choice still? I need a larger screen as I'm always watching videos and the key 2 is just too small... should I go for it or just go for the S10 5G (only for screen size not 5G) or Note 10 6.75"? my S8 is kinda killing itself so need to update my main phone soon
    I have a KEY2 and also a PRIV. Yes the PRIV its not just bigger but it's a real good screen. Use both devices. Really enjoy both.
    Now in 2019 the Samsung devices you mention spec wise are way ahead of the PRIV. Hands down. What they don't have is the slide out keyboard the PRIV has ( and a good one that is with no fails). But PRIV is approaching 4 yrs old and tech gets outdated.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    05-18-19 02:40 AM
    I have a KEY2 and also a PRIV. Yes the PRIV its not just bigger but it's a real good screen. Use both devices. Really enjoy both.
    Now in 2019 the Samsung devices you mention spec wise are way ahead of the PRIV. Hands down. What they don't have is the slide out keyboard the PRIV has ( and a good one that is with no fails). But PRIV is approaching 4 yrs old and tech gets outdated.
    I do still think the PRIV is the best designed phone of all time and still my all time favorite phone... it's just I don't feel like it's a good choice now and wanted opinions... phone choices right now really suck and at this current time I think Samsung might be the best choice even though I hate Samsung customizations they do on top of Android 9.0 pie... Pixal 3 XL has too many problems where I use my phone most like audio problems with video recording and LG just doesn't sell a large phone (G8 is S10e sized) might check out the LG V line but I still think I'll be dual carriying and most likely gonna get the S10 5G just for screen and battery not for 5G
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    05-18-19 03:39 AM
    The Priv is a 2015 phone and it shows, don't bother.
    05-18-19 09:40 AM
    The Priv is a 2015 phone and it shows, don't bother.
    Screen wise it's up there with best, great quality , real good PPI. Keyboard is also good. Great bright LED....

But SOC is outdated fully.
    whitieiii and the_boon like this.
    05-18-19 09:45 AM
    Looking at maybe setting up a BlackBerry PRIV on Verizon... would this be a good choice still?
    No.
    05-18-19 01:49 PM
    I would prefer to dual carry a KEY2 and an S10e than to single carry a Priv at this point.

If the Priv's processor's last number ended with a 1 instead of an 8, I'd be using one intermittently along with my KEYone/LE.
    05-18-19 10:58 PM
    I would prefer to dual carry a KEY2 and an S10e than to single carry a Priv at this point.

If the Priv's processor's last number ended with a 1 instead of an 8, I'd be using one intermittently along with my KEYone/LE.
    I'll most likely dual carry still even with a priv... I'm leaning on upgrading my S8 to an S10 5G unless the note 10 pulls me on something
    05-19-19 12:02 AM
    I do still think the PRIV is the best designed phone of all time and still my all time favorite phone... it's just I don't feel like it's a good choice now and wanted opinions... phone choices right now really suck and at this current time I think Samsung might be the best choice even though I hate Samsung customizations they do on top of Android 9.0 pie... Pixal 3 XL has too many problems where I use my phone most like audio problems with video recording and LG just doesn't sell a large phone (G8 is S10e sized) might check out the LG V line but I still think I'll be dual carriying and most likely gonna get the S10 5G just for screen and battery not for 5G
    I'd recommend against a Verizon-branded LG, their software experience is not the greatest thing. Hardware can make up for it though, LG knows how to make SOLID devices.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    05-19-19 01:33 AM
    I'd recommend against a Verizon-branded LG, their software experience is not the greatest thing. Hardware can make up for it though, LG knows how to make SOLID devices.
    I'm buying outright anyways so can probably do a factory unlocked one... I think the V50 only has 5G enabled on the Verizon variant but that's not a factor to make me want the Verizon variant... the S10 5G is only available as Verizon branded though...
    05-19-19 01:53 AM
    I'm buying outright anyways so can probably do a factory unlocked one... I think the V50 only has 5G enabled on the Verizon variant but that's not a factor to make me want the Verizon variant... the S10 5G is only available as Verizon branded though...
    A Pixel 3a/3aXL might be a better buy for now, with 5G deployment right around the corner.
    05-19-19 12:50 PM