Lately my Priv is taking forever to boot up. It seems to spend time getting stuck in a loop "Android is starting, Optimizing app 1 of 1" By the time it does start I have lost 10 to 12 per cent of power! Any suggestions?
    06-16-18 07:08 AM
    Lately my Priv is taking forever to boot up. It seems to spend time getting stuck in a loop "Android is starting, Optimizing app 1 of 1" By the time it does start I have lost 10 to 12 per cent of power! Any suggestions?
    Charge battery to 100%. Reboot device maybe once or twice. Then go to battery settings screen to see which app was causing the problem. Delete it.
    06-16-18 07:28 AM
    Charge battery to 100%. Reboot device maybe once or twice. Then go to battery settings screen to see which app was causing the problem. Delete it.
    My prediction: "Android system" (I'm being serious) I've never found the app info on that screen particularly effective at rooting out problem apps.
    06-16-18 09:43 AM
    My prediction: "Android system" (I'm being serious) I've never found the app info on that screen particularly effective at rooting out problem apps.
    For these recent cases, it seems to work. There are a few apps that don't seem to behave well with some of the last few updates.
    06-16-18 09:44 AM
    Thank you for helping me! I did what you said and it worked! What more could I ask for! Thanks again!
    06-18-18 07:43 AM
    Thank you for helping me! I did what you said and it worked! What more could I ask for! Thanks again!
    I had to delete Trivia Crack from my son's Priv. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    06-18-18 08:13 AM
    Hi was having same issue for the last 2-3 weeks, with PRIV (Verizon) taking 15 minutes to go through the Optimizing App 1 of 1 routine and by the time the phone booted up I had lost 12-15% of battery life. (I don't reboot my phone very often, but I do tend to run out of juice at least twice a week by failing to plug my phone in on time). I don't know it it was related, but I have also noticed a lot of Running Hot messages with degraded performance and even faster battery drain. Solution: I charged the phone to 100%, unplugged it from power, restarted it 3 times, letting it cycle each time though the full start up process, all the way to my home screen, by which time my battery had dropped from 100% to under 70%. I looked at Settings, Battery Use and the culprit App was listed (CBS Sports) in the 5th position, after App Optimization, Android System, Android OS and Screen, as having used 4% of battery. (The largest battery drain percentage was next to the App Optimization app, in the first position, which is not exactly a helpful clue!). I uninstalled this CBS Sports app and the problem disappeared immediately. Reboots are now relatively instantaneous with no more 'Optimizing app 1 of 1'' 15 minute long ''frozen'' screens. I was surprised this CBS Sports app was the culprit by I suspect one of the recent updates resulted in downloading a buggy app revision. I was expecting a weather app or something along these lines to be the culprit. So when trying the 3 reboots in a row (starting with phone unplugged but at a 100% battery) be open to what the culprit app may be. I suspect next time it could be a completely different class of app that will cause the hang-up.
    06-24-18 09:05 AM
    Excellent tip. I used that and discovered WTForecast to be the culprit.
    06-28-18 06:24 PM