I was not able to edit or reply to my own question without creating an account so I copied it here. Sorry for the duplication.

"Downloaded and installed the recommended system update. Plugged phone in to charge and used wifi during the process. Followed the instructions to install. Phone has not since powered up. It is quite warm to the touch and has remained so for several hours. Is my PRIV still installing? Has it just overheated? Has it shutdown and is locked up mid process? All of the above?"

The device is locked up, no buttons are responsive. I have tried to restart it. The screen is dark. And it's still quite warm.
    11-10-16 09:52 AM
    I was not able to edit or reply to my own question without creating an account so I copied it here. Sorry for the duplication.

"Downloaded and installed the recommended system update. Plugged phone in to charge and used wifi during the process. Followed the instructions to install. Phone has not since powered up. It is quite warm to the touch and has remained so for several hours. Is my PRIV still installing? Has it just overheated? Has it shutdown and is locked up mid process? All of the above?"

The device is locked up, no buttons are responsive. I have tried to restart it. The screen is dark. And it's still quite warm.
    Sounds fairly standard. It can take hours sometimes, and sometimes a black screen the whole time. The normal routine is to stay calm, leave it on charge, press the button for the update and whatever you do do after you press the update button, don't do anything at all until it comes back up.
    11-10-16 10:00 AM