My PRIV's screen is turning on when I'm in a call, will call others, mute or do about a dozen other annoying things while on a call if I'm holding it to my head. I saw some of the forums were others experienced this but with differeent blackberry models. Please help and school me with what setting I can change to correct this? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    03-06-18 12:09 AM
    My PRIV's screen is turning on when I'm in a call, will call others, mute or do about a dozen other annoying things while on a call if I'm holding it to my head. I saw some of the forums were others experienced this but with differeent blackberry models. Please help and school me with what setting I can change to correct this? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    I've seen a lot of my friends with various makes of touchscreen phones having this problem. It seems most manufacturers rely on a combination of an angle sensor and a proximity sensor. When both sensors are not satisfied at the same time the screen comes on and their ear starts touching the screen and that enters commands (one of the best and worst things about touchscreens is how easy it is to enter commands, sometimes unintentionally). So try to keep the phone nearly upright on its side edge and at the same time keep the sensor close to your head and pointing at it. It's not too hard to find the proximity sensor.

To make things worse a lot of phones allow other apps permission to keep the screen "on" so if you have another app open while you are making a phone call you may find the screen stays on because of that other app. You could always close it first I guess, or maybe black the screen manually at the start of a call. Your phone - like a lot of other manufacturer's phones probably operates like this, and if you know about it then you can work with it and not suffer quite so much. Have fun.
    03-06-18 04:28 AM