I'm trying to mirror my Priv screen onto my TV or a Monitor while I've got a USB mouse and keyboard plugged into the Priv's micro-USB. It looks like the only way to do it is wirelessly, which is a bit new to me. Can anyone recommend ways to do this in a direct manner e.g. not going through my home WiFi.
    08-17-16 09:35 AM
    Yes, you could do it wirelessly, or you can use the slim port. Essentially think of it as HDMI over a different style cable. You will need a new cable although if you are looking for a solution that is wired this is probably a good option.
    08-17-16 09:38 AM
    Yes, you could do it wirelessly, or you can use the slim port. Essentially think of it as HDMI over a different style cable. You will need a new cable although if you are looking for a solution that is wired this is probably a good option.
    I heard that I can't use slimport while I've got a usb mouse and keyboard plugged in. Though I haven't actually tried it.
    08-17-16 09:47 AM
    I heard that I can't use slimport while I've got a usb mouse and keyboard plugged in. Though I haven't actually tried it.
    Well you could technically have the mouse and keyboard connected via Bluetooth.
    08-17-16 09:51 AM
    Well you could technically have the mouse and keyboard connected via Bluetooth.
    That is true. Although the ones I have are hard wire only :-(

Any thoughts on how best to go down the wireless route for the screen mirroring?
    08-17-16 10:10 AM
    That is true. Although the ones I have are hard wire only :-(

Any thoughts on how best to go down the wireless route for the screen mirroring?
    Chrome cast perhaps? Not sure if you can mirror everything or just certain apps though. Need to double check on that.

There's also miracast which does let you mirror anything on the screen, depending on your TV or dongle used, people have reported the feature from being relatively unusable to being perfectly fine. So your mileage may vary on this one.
    08-17-16 10:14 AM
    Chrome cast perhaps? Not sure if you can mirror everything or just certain apps though. Need to double check on that.

There's also miracast which does let you mirror anything on the screen, depending on your TV or dongle used, people have reported the feature from being relatively unusable to being perfectly fine. So your mileage may vary on this one.
    I've had a quick look around and it seems like I'm out of luck.
    - Miracast support was removed from android at Marshmallow.
    - Chromecast doesn't do screen mirroring.
    08-17-16 10:39 AM
    I've had a quick look around and it seems like I'm out of luck.
    - Miracast support was removed from android at Marshmallow.
    - Chromecast doesn't do screen mirroring.
    Are you sure?

Miracast clearly is still available on my G4. Although OEMs typically make more features available for longer than Google does and the Priv is pretty much stock.

08-17-16 10:50 AM
    Miracast may also be referred to as WiFi direct. It's baked in to the OS and should work providing your TV or monitor supports it.
    08-17-16 11:03 AM
    Are you sure?

Miracast clearly is still available on my G4. Although OEMs typically make more features available for longer than Google does and the Priv is pretty much stock.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...116897cd1f.jpg
    There's no miracast when I look in settings > wireless and networks.
    08-18-16 05:29 AM
    Miracast may also be referred to as WiFi direct. It's baked in to the OS and should work providing your TV or monitor supports it.
    Where do I find it ? It's not in settings > wireless and networks.
    08-18-16 05:31 AM
    Here you are,

https://help.blackberry.com/en/priv/...822952801.html

You need either the Chromecast unit (which only works for certain apps). Or a Miracast dongle.
    08-18-16 10:05 AM
    Here you are,

https://help.blackberry.com/en/priv/...822952801.html

You need either the Chromecast unit (which only works for certain apps). Or a Miracast dongle.
    It's baked in to some TVs
    08-19-16 12:51 AM
    It's baked in to some TVs
    Indeed! Hopefully the OP's TV supports the built in feature. It would be more convenient than having to track down an adapter, those always seem to be hit or miss.
    08-19-16 09:35 AM
    Indeed! Hopefully the OP's TV supports the built in feature. It would be more convenient than having to track down an adapter, those always seem to be hit or miss.
    It's also important to note that everything (the SmartTV, the Chromecast, etc) including the phone, MUST be on the same WiFi network. You can't be on different WiFi, or mix WiFi with cellular. You CAN have the SmartTV or set top box hard wired to the router thou, as long as the same router is broadcasting the WiFi signal.
    08-19-16 12:27 PM