Hi,

After 5 years of great service my blackberry Z10 is close to retirement and I have seen great offers in Z30, Passport and Priv. I like BB10 and I mainly use the phone for e-mails, web browsing and reading, I also use a couple of apps BBM , Whatsapp (now side loaded the android version), Weather app...

Considering the use I give to the phone what would be your recommendation? which one of the three has better quality, would last longer considering the latest announcements?

Thanks
    Qorax likes this.
    03-10-18 06:36 AM
    @Tononacho:

#1 : Since BB10 will be EOL end of 2019 ~ PRIV among your three will be a better choice for longivity. Marshmellow will last for quite a while.

#2 : If 'looks" and and quality matter ~ then there's none like the Passport. It is the most "premium" feeling device I've ever used. It oozes class immediate upon sight.
    03-10-18 07:31 AM
    The browser is degrading quickly on BB10. Many sites are slow and/or impossible to render.

The Android version of WhatsApp has its limitations, and could stop working any day.

BBM for BB10 is maintained separately from the main BBM servers and is limited in its functionality.

All BB10 services will be shutdown in Dec of 2019.

The Priv is also EOL, and will not see any future security updates - an important consideration when using Android.

In good conscience, I can only recommend the KEYᵒⁿᵉ or the Motion.
    03-10-18 07:41 AM
    Hi,

After 5 years of great service my blackberry Z10 is close to retirement and I have seen great offers in Z30, Passport and Priv. I like BB10 and I mainly use the phone for e-mails, web browsing and reading, I also use a couple of apps BBM , Whatsapp (now side loaded the android version), Weather app...

Considering the use I give to the phone what would be your recommendation? which one of the three has better quality, would last longer considering the latest announcements?

Thanks
    It's hard at this point to really recommend any BB10 phones, but if you are looking to dip your toe in and can get a solid deal on one, I would say Passport all the way. I don't know where you live, but you can probably get one for 200 or less. Keep in mind that BlackBerry has announced that bbw and other services will be done as of 2019.

The Priv is going to stop getting monthly updates soon and will not get Nougat or Oreo. Apps will most likely still work for a long while. I can't really recommend the Priv either. I didn't have a good experience with mine. I actually traded it for the Passport SE that I'm typing this on.

Posted via my Awesome Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 pin:2C33423A
    03-10-18 07:43 AM

The Priv is going to stop getting monthly updates soon
    Final update was Oct 2017.
    03-10-18 08:59 AM
    Final update was Oct 2017.
    I stand corrected.

No more updates OP.

03-10-18 10:01 AM
    Classic case of OP querying about specific models ~ and we recommend totally different other/s eh!
    03-10-18 03:35 PM
    i would say z30 is the best bet (if the oled screen holds), similar to your z10 (but the display resolution is bit low due to oled... the color is a bit saturated). otherwise, just like a slightly big z10, you should be familiar all the stuff where they are and how it works without feel any different. the speaker is better and processor is faster. that will get you to next 2 years... best of luck.
    03-10-18 03:57 PM
    Classic case of OP querying about specific models ~ and we recommend totally different other/s eh!
    I still have to be able to sleep at night.

Recommending BB10 or the Priv is just mean.
    03-10-18 06:46 PM
    I'm still using my priv and I get by fine, but considering what's out there I wouldn't go that route. I'm waiting to see if Verizon gets rid of its BlackBerry moratorium before I replace it. I've considered a keyone but am curious if something better will be carried by Verizon with a BlackBerry logo on it
    03-10-18 06:51 PM

Same.

That's why I just state the facts and let the OP decide what's best for them.

If they have all the relevant information, they can't say they weren't informed BEFORE making a mistake.

03-10-18 07:51 PM
    [QUOTE=emanuel0ss0;13151510]It's hard at this point to really recommend any BB10 phones, but if you are looking to dip your toe in and can get a solid deal on one, I would say Passport all the way. I don't know where you live, but you can probably get one for 200 or less. "

I live in NL and I cannot find any passport with qwerty keyboard for less than 240. Finding Priv for 190 EUR and considering that most probably sooner or later I will have to change to Android I will start to get used to it...
    03-12-18 07:05 AM
    PRIV over Passport, for sure! I love my PRIV but am now tempted by KEYone.
    03-12-18 04:39 PM

Hey Conite...is the Z30 with Cobalt mods not an option for the OP? He would gain access to the Google Playstore would he not? That would solve FB, BBM. Whatsapp, etc. issues, correct? Just curious and you have the knowledge.
    03-12-18 11:05 PM
    Hey Conite...is the Z30 with Cobalt mods not an option for the OP? He would gain access to the Google Playstore would he not? That would solve FB, BBM. Whatsapp, etc. issues, correct? Just curious and you have the knowledge.
    Sure.

But even this solution is reaching the end of its life.
    Last edited by conite; 03-15-18 at 05:19 PM.
    03-14-18 01:22 AM
    Sure.

But even this solution is reaching then end of its life.
    Welfare check....... Anybody seen Conite????
    03-15-18 03:35 PM
    Welfare check....... Anybody seen Conite????
    Isn't everyone in Jamaica this week?
    03-15-18 05:20 PM
    Isn't everyone in Jamaica this week?
    Not when you live in Florida. Hope you’re having a great time. Glad you’re ok..
    03-15-18 05:54 PM