I was about to buy the Priv when the word came out that 2 more mid-price blackberries are on the way. Is the Priv worth it or should I wait and see what the new phones look like?? I have the Q10 and I'm ready for the upgrade but not sure if I do the Priv or wait a little longer...
    04-13-16 12:37 PM
    I was about to buy the Priv when the word came out that 2 more mid-price blackberries are on the way. Is the Priv worth it or should I wait and see what the new phones look like?? I have the Q10 and I'm ready for the upgrade but not sure if I do the Priv or wait a little longer...
    If you have been a part of the Blackberry family for a while, you would be aware that "coming soon" is relative. You may wait on the devices and find that they are inferior in specs to the Priv.

At this point, no one knows for sure.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 12:59 AM
    I think getting one is still pretty good. Still has specs that keep up to date. The only thing it's missing is proper software updates because its version of Android is definitely just the stock version and only has very minor modifications.
    04-14-16 06:50 AM
    For me I would never buy a Priv. Passport all the way. Course I hate android.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-16 09:46 AM
    I think getting one is still pretty good. Still has specs that keep up to date. The only thing it's missing is proper software updates because its version of Android is definitely just the stock version and only has very minor modifications.
    Don't own a Priv so I'm just curious as to what is considered "stock " android? Apart from not being released with Marshmallow , which is upcoming, my understanding is that the Priv and Nexus devices are the most readily updated android devices and that the Privs software configuration prevents rooting...one of the reasons android techies have not embraced it.

So my question really is...what is the Priv missing as far as the android OS?
    04-14-16 11:40 AM
    Don't own a Priv so I'm just curious as to what is considered "stock " android? Apart from not being released with Marshmallow , which is upcoming, my understanding is that the Priv and Nexus devices are the most readily updated android devices and that the Privs software configuration prevents rooting...one of the reasons android techies have not embraced it.

So my question really is...what is the Priv missing as far as the android OS?
    I own a Priv and Passport. The Priv is not missing anything other than the ability to root and the whateverware that certain handset makers put on their phones. It's a great Android phone with a physical keyboard. Mines on marshmallow and it works well. The monthly security patches are very timely. Stock or 'vanilla' android is the Android operating system with no frills added by the handset maker. BlackBerry Android is lauded as being as close to vanilla without being vanilla and the enhancements BlackBerry made to Android are actually useful and not obtrusive at all. If you like to root, look elsewhere though.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    04-17-16 02:51 AM