Having a hard timing either picking up the priv now which everyone who has one that I've spoken to has told me good things about it. Or should I just wait on the KEYone? Currently using a BlackBerry Classic.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-17 07:03 AM
    Having the same 'problem'...with the difference of using a somewhat raped passport se now, having 2x q10 as backup and not the money for getting the keyone after the release. For me it might take until dezember to get the keyone. But in case I'd take the priv now I won't get the keyone within 1 year unless I'm extremly unsatisfied with it.
    04-05-17 08:14 AM
    Man its really going to depend on whether you think you gotta have a pkb always there. I like my priv. I don't do a bunch of gaming on it but I do a lot of reading Web browsing, music playing and YouTube. I don't do YouTube for hours but still quite a bit. The battery will generally get me through a day unless I'm just on it non stop. I'd buy another one. That's just me though. Prior to this I didn't have pkb experience at all. I like it and use it a lot but I'm equally comfortable with the vkb.
    04-05-17 08:37 AM
    I traded in a Classic for a PRIV. I am biased, because my first BB was a 9810 Torch slider, and I am a fan of the slider form-factor.

The only drawback is the keyboard, for me. It's not as good as the Classic's keyboard - lets say 85% or 90% as good. Still very useful and workable.

I get very good battery life, although I don't do much youtube or anything like that. The larger size is a bit odd after the Classic, but the screen size makes up for that.

Android is a bit weird after BB10, but not a disaster. I have found the hub to be very useful - maybe not as great as the BB10 hub, but it's still very good.

If you're short on cash, then the PRIV will NOT disappoint - power seems to be adequate, it's not like you're having to settle for a first-generation IBM personal computer from 1981 or anything like that.
    04-05-17 09:12 AM
    Priv will not disappoint, especially at current price points, if you want to wait for keyone to come down in price. The priv pkb is a little stiff at first but gets much more clicky over a couple months. That's been my experience anyway.
    04-05-17 09:24 AM