I have a Dtek 60 with terrible reception and now a cracked screen.
    Still works fine so far. Was thinking of buying a priv to replace it. Would the Priv have better reception and still be secure. And still work well.
    04-17-18 07:04 PM
    I wouldn't recommend either, to be honest.
    04-17-18 07:42 PM
    If you must have a BlackBerry, get a KEYone or a Motion. That or move to another brand. Any other BlackBerry is a waste of new money if you don't already own the device.

This is not a statement about better or worse OS. This is a statement that phones should be purchased as cost per month to user and older devices are significantly cheaper on a remaining per month basis.
    04-17-18 09:48 PM
    If you want all touch, get a motion
    04-17-18 11:09 PM
    I have a DTECK60, I choose it due to the email enterprise. now my company dropped BlackBerry for this function. no support or little, updates that's gives more problems than anything else, battery is a real disaster, phone constantly lagging.. the brand is done with phones. get a brand that is still present and have good service.
    04-18-18 01:41 AM
    I have a DTECK60, I choose it due to the email enterprise. now my company dropped BlackBerry for this function. no support or little, updates that's gives more problems than anything else, battery is a real disaster, phone constantly lagging.. the brand is done with phones. get a brand that is still present and have good service.
    The KEYone/KEYtwo would solve that
    04-18-18 12:24 PM
    the brand is done with phones. get a brand that is still present and have good service.
    The brand is far from done - but BlackBerry (the company) is done with hardware.

TCL (BlackBerry Mobile) and Optiemus Infracom are now in charge of the brand, with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion currently available with at least 2 more years of remaining updates, and soon the KEYtwo (?), Ghost, and Ghost Pro.
    the_boon likes this.
    04-18-18 01:01 PM
    The brand is far from done - but BlackBerry (the company) is done with hardware.

TCL (BlackBerry Mobile) and Optiemus Infracom are now in charge of the brand, with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion currently available with at least 2 more years of remaining updates, and soon the KEYtwo (?), Ghost, and Ghost Pro.
    Ghost and Ghost Pro sound like tongue-in-cheek inside joke to me. Like Vaporware for consumers and Vaporware Pro for enterprise. Just send your cash in an envelope to PO BOX .........
    ppeters914 likes this.
    04-18-18 03:01 PM
    Ghost and Ghost Pro sound like tongue-in-cheek inside joke to me. Like Vaporware for consumers and Vaporware Pro for enterprise. Just send your cash in an envelope to PO BOX .........
    You just blew my cover. Damn you!
    04-18-18 03:02 PM
    As long the service and the market presence does not improve, this brand will soon disappear. They all look and sound great, however, if they have issues with the unit, only if you are in canada or America you have chances of getting it sorted out. Otherwise is a pure jungle. As a professional, i need to be sure i can fix my phone ANYTIME and ANYWHERE. This is not the case with BB
    04-18-18 07:13 PM
    As long the service and the market presence does not improve, this brand will soon disappear. They all look and sound great, however, if they have issues with the unit, only if you are in canada or America you have chances of getting it sorted out. Otherwise is a pure jungle. As a professional, i need to be sure i can fix my phone ANYTIME and ANYWHERE. This is not the case with BB
    Beyond whatever anecdotal evidence you seem to be mysteriously referring to, the actual sales numbers do not seem to support this conclusion.
    04-18-18 09:09 PM
    TCL is rather surprised with the success of the KEYone , so sales are good for being less than a year into this long term deal with BlackBerry. Sure they had some hiccups with the initial launch , but they have learned from it. I have a big shiny nickel that says the next launch will be flawless
    04-18-18 10:44 PM
    I'm in China and I don't tell you what a nightmare I had to go through when my screen cracked. after replacing it with original part the phone is now magnified. nothing can be done to get it back to normal. I could also tell you my experience with the US customer service, just full of "sorry", and " I will escalate your case". the only option given was to go to Hong Kong for repair, however, HK only service KEYone. Really..?
    do you honestly believe a business person have time for all this?? this is why I don't believe in BlackBerry anymore.
    P.S.
    I have been a BlackBerry user ALL my entire life..
    04-19-18 12:43 AM
    Are you sure your "magnification" is off under accessibility? (assuming you have a Dtek).
    Last edited by scrannel; 04-19-18 at 07:45 AM.
    04-19-18 02:59 AM
    I use a DTEK60 at work and it's fine. If you love it get another one, nothing wrong with the phone. Otherwise if you like a pkb get the KeyOne. The Priv was and still is slow and not as good as the DTEK60. Hoep that helps.
    04-19-18 03:13 AM
    I have a Dtek 60 with terrible reception and now a cracked screen.
    Still works fine so far. Was thinking of buying a priv to replace it. Would the Priv have better reception and still be secure. And still work well.
    I will recommend Motion . It is far better device than the Priv.
    04-19-18 04:03 AM
    I have tried all possible settings. the service center doesn't know either no solutions are offered. the battery issue is just to much. 3 hours and it is dead. some days it works OK for 6 or 8 hours. the point is, I love the phone, and like any other phone three are issues. with BlackBerry there is no service ready available. no marketing no presence in stores. just sell the unit and good luck
    04-20-18 01:26 AM
    I am sorry you have had such bad experience. All my BlackBerries, going back to the curve 8530 have been flawless. Sometimes they were behind the curve tech wise, but they worked. I have had no experience with warranty issues other than the KEYone screen lift, and the phone was replaced free of charge.
    04-20-18 01:42 PM
    Beyond whatever anecdotal evidence you seem to be mysteriously referring to, the actual sales numbers do not seem to support this conclusion.
    Well,
    On dteck60 there is no system upgrade for months. Definitely it will not go on the next android version and moreover, in china, where I work, there is no assistance for this phone. BB only carry Key one and two. Well done for a phone just over one year life. Service is the key to success. BB is not on top of it.
    Last edited by Boni Mansi; 09-30-18 at 11:31 PM.
    09-30-18 09:48 PM
    Well,
    On dteck60 there is no system upgrade for months. Definitely it will not go on the next android version and moreover, in china, where I work, there is no assistance for this phone. BB only carry Key one and two. Well done for a home just over one year life. Service is the key to success. BB is not on top of it.
    BBMo's first device was the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

The DTEK devices were sold by the old BlackBerry Ltd, who have been out of the hardware business for a year and a half.

Google stopped patching Marshmallow in August, so I would assume DTEK OS updates are done.
    09-30-18 10:23 PM
    BBMo's first device was the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

The DTEK devices were sold by the old BlackBerry Ltd, who have been out of the hardware business for a year and a half.

Google stopped patching Marshmallow in August, so I would assume DTEK OS updates are done.
    Well done. Just after a year of purchase.
    Bad bad bad
    09-30-18 11:29 PM