Is there any way to be able to use the blackberry apps on my priv, like bbm, without having to let it have full access to location info? (Or is it something they require bc of some technical aspect with blackberry's encryption or some such that I admittedly have limited knowledge on)
    03-14-17 04:09 PM
    Is there any way to be able to use the blackberry apps on my priv, like bbm, without having to let it have full access to location info? (Or is it something they require bc of some technical aspect with blackberry's encryption or some such that I admittedly have limited knowledge on)
    It appears you can revoke permissions to BlackBerry apps such as BBM: settings>>Apps>>BBM>>permissions.
    Of course since BlackBerry customized the OS itself, if they want your location they could probably get it without needing to use an App at all.
    03-14-17 05:06 PM
    Oh I know you can revoke the permissions, thats easy easy easy done. Problem is is if you do that then they no longer work bc until you grant them access to those revoked permissions again
    03-14-17 11:55 PM
    Oh I know you can revoke the permissions, thats easy easy easy done. Problem is is if you do that then they no longer work bc until you grant them access to those revoked permissions again
    I had tested it with bbm before posting and it seemed to work.
    Does it stop working after a specific period of time or something?
    03-15-17 09:02 AM
    Immediately after I revoke it I get a notification saying that if I want to use this program (bbm) then I need to allow location permission. And if you don't then bbm closes and you cant open it afterwards bc get that same message loop. (I have whatever model of the priv that is available is australia if that makes a difference!)
    03-16-17 12:45 AM
    There are lots of reasons that apps might want to know your "general" location... It's more to know where you are and what content might be of interest or to meet licensing requirements.
    03-16-17 08:58 AM
    I would think that it's because of the Glympse feature - I use it all the time to let my family know where I am/how long it will take me to get home after work.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-16-17 09:21 AM
    Immediately after I revoke it I get a notification saying that if I want to use this program (bbm) then I need to allow location permission. And if you don't then bbm closes and you cant open it afterwards bc get that same message loop. (I have whatever model of the priv that is available is australia if that makes a difference!)

Admittedly, I'm not an android guy so maybe this isn't even possible....but, what does the app do if you allow it individual permission but then turn off the location services on the entire device?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 02:23 PM