Is there ANY hope for a BB version software running the PRIV, or newer, high end phone?! After being spoiled by BB 10, dealing with the issues and major shortcomings of Android is like taking 5 steps back! I hate Android! 5 reboots today only, just to fix glitches in the PRIV OS. It's a mess.

I want my Passport / Z30 back!!
    07-06-16 11:25 PM
    No, not any, none. This same question was asked and answered a couple days ago.
    07-06-16 11:34 PM
    Don't think they will make one maybe you can do a switch with a person on ebay?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 10:26 AM
    I really do hope that they will come out with a BlackBerry 10 OS phone with the hardware spec's equal to the latest Android OS flagship devices.

I truly believe that the Android apps will run much better with these spec's.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-07-16 11:58 AM
    Yes, and there will be an iOS versoin too. But the iOS version will be double the price.
    07-07-16 12:04 PM
    There are no plans for any new hardware running BB10, leaked or even rumored at this point. And the cost of hardware drivers and conflict between the forked runtime in BB10 and having GPS approval for their new Android lines.... BB10 is done.
    07-07-16 12:07 PM
    And a couple days before that, and a couple days before that, and a couple days before that...
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and BB-JAM215 like this.
    07-07-16 12:15 PM
    I had one of my guys make a mistake and loaded Windows 10 Enterprise on a MAC.....
    07-07-16 12:26 PM
    I had one of my guys make a mistake and loaded Windows 10 Enterprise on a MAC.....
    The mistake was made when they purchased a Mac, not when they put Windows on it. Putting Windows on it made it actually useful.
    07-07-16 12:33 PM
    The mistake was made when they purchased a Mac, not when they put Windows on it. Putting Windows on it made it actually useful.
    Yes, but what a train wreck it was to watch...
    07-07-16 12:44 PM
    I really do hope that they will come out with a BlackBerry 10 OS phone with the hardware spec's equal to the latest Android OS flagship devices.

I truly believe that the Android apps will run much better with these spec's.

Honestly, no, they won't. The main issue with Android apps on BB10 devices are that they point to services and permissions that simply aren't there on BB10. Sure, the ones that do run (like Spotify, for instance) may run smoother but it won't solve the greater problem of compatibility.

Your hopes are so confusing: you want a BB10 phone with better specs so that you can run ANDROID apps? If that's your reason for wanting better specs, get a Priv already!!! It runs all Android apps you could possibly want and has pretty up-to-date specs.

BB10 doesn't really need huge specs to run smoothly and, if you want it to have them for running Android apps, buy an Android phone; BlackBerry has already offered you a solution.
    07-07-16 12:51 PM
    Honestly, no, they won't. The main issue with Android apps on BB10 devices are that they point to services and permissions that simply aren't there on BB10. Sure, the ones that do run (like Spotify, for instance) may run smoother but it won't solve the greater problem of compatibility.

Your hopes are so confusing: you want a BB10 phone with better specs so that you can run ANDROID apps? If that's your reason for wanting better specs, get a Priv already!!! It runs all Android apps you could possibly want and has pretty up-to-date specs.

BB10 doesn't really need huge specs to run smoothly and, if you want it to have them for running Android apps, buy an Android phone; BlackBerry has already offered you a solution.
    Thanks BirdDog, I was just wishing. I really prefer to use the BlackBerry 10 phone but there are a few apps that I use are only on Android.

The problem with those apps is that they take forever to run or use so I'm just wondering if a more powerful capacity would make it run better.

I seriously think the quality of some of these apps that I have are much better on the BlackBerry 10 than Android. I have switched to a S7 Edge as it's much cheaper & more powerful in terms of the hardware capacity as compared to the Priv.

The money I saved for purchasing the S7 Edge over the Priv could buy me an air ticket plus a 1 night hotel stay in a neighbouring country. So that's why I went Sammy.

07-08-16 11:08 AM
    Thanks BirdDog, I was just wishing. I really prefer to use the BlackBerry 10 phone but there are a few apps that I use are only on Android.

The problem with those apps is that they take forever to run or use so I'm just wondering if a more powerful capacity would make it run better.

I seriously think the quality of some of these apps that I have are much better on the BlackBerry 10 than Android. I have switched to a S7 Edge as it's much cheaper & more powerful in terms of the hardware capacity as compared to the Priv.

The money I saved for purchasing the S7 Edge over the Priv could buy me an air ticket plus a 1 night hotel stay in a neighbouring country. So that's why I went Sammy.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...uired-1059855/

If you didn't know... Cobalt has brought the PRIV's apps to most any Android phone. It's kind of a BlackBerry app store and is easy to install. Just have to go back and disable the native apps that these are meant to replace
    07-08-16 11:17 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...uired-1059855/

If you didn't know... Cobalt has brought the PRIV's apps to most any Android phone. It's kind of a BlackBerry app store and is easy to install. Just have to go back and disable the native apps that these are meant to replace
    Thanks already installed it & used it :-)

07-08-16 11:23 AM