I can't seem to make it thru the day with a recharge in the last week due to the power towel app draining it. I only use a few options and in the past haven't had it drain like it is currently. It's off now so my battery charge should improve. Has anyone else had this problem or know why this happening with this app?

My bitchin' Z30 BlackBerry
    08-07-14 03:43 PM
    I've got Power Tools, and didn't notice too much of a change when I installed it.

Some features do require Location Services, which is a power hog. But I already had that enabled for BlackBerry Protect.

Using Device Monitor... it shows that in the last 48 hrs, Power Tools used .74% of my battery.

But there are a number features that I don't use, that could increase battery usage....
    08-07-14 03:54 PM
    My device shuts down at 30%, what do I do pls

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 04:03 PM
    I've got Power Tools, and didn't notice too much of a change when I installed it.

Some features do require Location Services, which is a power hog. But I already had that enabled for BlackBerry Protect.

Using Device Monitor... it shows that in the last 48 hrs, Power Tools used .74% of my battery.

But there are a number features that I don't use, that could increase battery usage....
    In the last 48 hrs mine used 60% (yes sixty) and I only use the led option, no sounds, no geofencing so I'm just baffled as to why.

08-07-14 04:24 PM
    My Z30 went from 2 day battery life to Z10 like battery life. Draining fast. No real reason. This in the past week or two max...
    08-07-14 04:30 PM
    good thing i didn't use this one, was about to use this or hub++. Using hub++ all features and it doesn't even show in the list of how much it uses.
    08-07-14 04:31 PM
    PT doesn't drain my battery, but it stops working periodically once a day. It uses only 0,61%...

BlackBerry - because I am really different
    08-07-14 04:35 PM
    Just charged my battery and only 9 hours for 100% charge. Had recently switched to a Tylt Qi wireless charger and saw in another forum that some are finding the wireless charges are killing battery health/life.
    Power Tools app killing my battery-img_20140807_191905.png
    I use my BlackBerry car charger often with Waze app running and the charger died last week. So my next question is how does one replace a Z30 battery? I've only had this phone for 6 mos and I can't believe this is happening.

08-07-14 09:32 PM
    In the last 48 hrs mine used 60% (yes sixty) and I only use the led option, no sounds, no geofencing so I'm just baffled as to why.

I'd delete it, reboot and then reinstall it and see how it works...

If still having an issue, contact the developer... he is still active.
    lady of the lake likes this.
    08-08-14 08:22 AM