Where I live Verizon is the only carrier with service, I have been wanting to get back to using a blackberry. I can't find an answer to this question? I see a lot of unlocked blackberry classics say they will work with ATT, and Verizon how is this possible. I thought they ran on different formats? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    08-16-16 06:59 AM
    I see a lot of unlocked blackberry classics say they will work with ATT, and Verizon how is this possible.
    A Verizon Classic will work on Verizon and on AT&T, albeit not as well. Verizon Classics are sold unlocked. But if they're implying that a factory unlocked Classic, which is all GSM, works on Verizon--no.

But in your case, it comes down to Verizon's broader MVNO phone allowance policy, and the specific case of the Classic--whether or not they allow this phone to work on MVNOs.
    There are different versions of the BlackBerry Classic, you would want to use the SQC100-3 that is compatible with Verizon's network.
    08-16-16 07:10 AM
    I see a lot of unlocked blackberry classics say they will work with ATT, and Verizon how is this possible.
    A Verizon Classic will work on Verizon and on AT&T, albeit not as well. Verizon Classics are sold unlocked. But if they're implying that a factory unlocked Classic, which is all GSM, works on Verizon--no.

But in your case, it comes down to Verizon's broader MVNO phone allowance policy, and the specific case of the Classic--whether or not they allow this phone to work on MVNOs.
    08-16-16 09:25 AM