Is it possible to completely remove anti theft feature on bb10.3.3 ? I turned off from both mobile and pc (anti theft>manage device>remove).
    Is that effective? Does the feature trouble again if I do update with autoloader or I do security wipe?

I am using bb passport 10.3.3. I wanted to sell this and planning to take keyone. So before that I have to ensure, my bb id wont be use/ask anywhere and in future it wont trouble the second hand buyer also.
    Please help me

Posted via BB Passport
    12-18-17 10:34 AM
    Just disable BlackBerry Protect on the device, and remove the device from BlackBerry Protect online.

Then wipe the device.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and iqbalmd like this.
    12-18-17 10:42 AM
    Thank you

Posted via BB Passport
    12-18-17 11:14 AM
    Just disable BlackBerry Protect on the device, and remove the device from BlackBerry Protect online.

Then wipe the device.
    Hi, I was unable to verify my BB id on the device. It would take the correct password and nothing would happen. So I removed the blackberry protect from the website. However my device still shows blackberry protect enabled. Any idea how to remove this?
    03-24-18 05:11 AM
    Hi, I was unable to verify my BB id on the device. It would take the correct password and nothing would happen. So I removed the blackberry protect from the website. However my device still shows blackberry protect enabled. Any idea how to remove this?
    So, you haven't done your wipe yet, right?
    03-24-18 07:49 AM
    So, you haven't done your wipe yet, right?
    That is correct. I couldn't since the blackberry protect won't turn off on the device. Also it doesn't activate the device password that I tried setting. It saves the device password but unlocks the phone without asking for it.
    04-02-18 01:48 AM
    That is correct. I couldn't since the blackberry protect won't turn off on the device. Also it doesn't activate the device password that I tried setting. It saves the device password but unlocks the phone without asking for it.
    I'm not sure why it's doing that.

Maybe try to reboot the phone and try disabling BlackBerry Protect again.
    04-02-18 08:09 AM
    I did try that, doesn't seem to work. My picture device password is active now, I've heard entering that wrong multiple times could trigger a format of the device. Is this correct? I'm ready to take that option now.
    04-02-18 12:17 PM
    I did try that, doesn't seem to work. My picture device password is active now, I've heard entering that wrong multiple times could trigger a format of the device. Is this correct? I'm ready to take that option now.
    After 5 tries it will revert to PIN password. 5 more ties then wipe.

But you will need the original BBID to start the device up again. Which still doesn't exist.
    04-02-18 12:29 PM
    This is strange. But I went ahead and did just that. The data were wiped and the device restarted. I went through the steps and it asked to re-enter the BB ID saying blackberry protect is enabled. It wouldn't accept my ID. I had made my peace with using the device as a paper weight but then after restarting the device everything worked fine. I'm still disappointed with the overall unpredictability of the OS. Make of that what you will.
    04-02-18 04:39 PM
    This is strange. But I went ahead and did just that. The data were wiped and the device restarted. I went through the steps and it asked to re-enter the BB ID saying blackberry protect is enabled. It wouldn't accept my ID. I had made my peace with using the device as a paper weight but then after restarting the device everything worked fine. I'm still disappointed with the overall unpredictability of the OS. Make of that what you will.
    You restarted the device at the BBID prompt for anti-theft, and then it booted directly to the home screen?
    04-02-18 04:45 PM
    That is correct. On the first restart after the wipe I kept getting the BBID prompt. I then turned the device off and turned it on back and voila, new formatted device! So now I've decided to return it.
    04-08-18 05:08 AM