I have 3 Blackberries I need to power up and check to see if there's data to recover.
    I have tried everything I can think of to get them to power up without a battery.
    I had one swollen battery, and I cut out the PCB to try to connect it to an 18650, but no luck there.
    I just can't get it to come up.
    It's beyond lame that they won't let it boot up with USB power connected.
    I've been able to get every other phone I've ever tried to come up, but not these.
    Has anyone found a working solution without having to purchase a $25 + shipping battery that I will never need or use again?

I have 2 BB 8100's, and an 8120, and I think they all take the C-M2 battery.
    02-25-24 02:00 AM
    I have 3 Blackberries I need to power up and check to see if there's data to recover.
    I have tried everything I can think of to get them to power up without a battery.
    I had one swollen battery, and I cut out the PCB to try to connect it to an 18650, but no luck there.
    I just can't get it to come up.
    It's beyond lame that they won't let it boot up with USB power connected.
    I've been able to get every other phone I've ever tried to come up, but not these.
    Has anyone found a working solution without having to purchase a $25 + shipping battery that I will never need or use again?

I have 2 BB 8100's, and an 8120, and I think they all take the C-M2 battery.
    Well my view is if you haven’t used these phones in such a long time the batteries have totally died, then it’s highly likely there isn’t anything you need on them.

What is ‘lame’ is leaving a device with potential necessary data on it so long that it renders it useless.

Just buy a battery if you’re in need of the data contained on the phones and maybe try and sell them on once you’re done with them, although there aren’t likely to be any buyers out there anymore unfortunately.
    02-25-24 11:20 AM
    Might be able to get either another batter or power source with the same voltages and minimum power rating... and jury-rig it to the batter leads.
    02-26-24 07:12 AM
    The phone only turns on if the battery has a security chip.
    02-26-24 12:49 PM