I have a 9900 with BIS on AT&T.

My wife is trying to message me. I can accept her add request and send messages and it even shows as delivered on my end.

All she has when she clicks my name are the following messages:

"Creating a BBM Protected chat"

"You might need to share a passphrase again to reset this BBM Protected chat. To share a passphrase, tap the menu icon in the lower right corner of the screen. Tap Share Passphrase."

and then below that:

"waiting for [user] to join"

Any ideas? She's out of the country and I'd like a way to message her as WhatsApp seems to no longer be a viable BBOS 7 option. I'd also be open to any alternative BBM options to chat on my 9900 with her iPhone 11 while she is traveling.

I saw this thread: https://forums.crackberry.com/ask-qu.../#post13406162 from last year where the issue was similar and unresolved.
    Last edited by RCJ28; 02-21-20 at 03:40 PM. Reason: to add context
    02-21-20 03:36 PM
    It’s possible so long as the iOS user has an enormous amount of patience (or is a fan of BB)

Edit: I don’t know that I’ve tried with BBOS though. I just caught that.
    02-21-20 03:39 PM
    I have a 9900 with BIS on AT&T.

My wife is trying to message me. I can accept her add request and send messages and it even shows as delivered on my end.

All she has when she clicks my name are the following messages:

"Creating a BBM Protected chat"

"You might need to share a passphrase again to reset this BBM Protected chat. To share a passphrase, tap the menu icon in the lower right corner of the screen. Tap Share Passphrase."

and then below that:

"waiting for [user] to join"

Any ideas? She's out of the country and I'd like a way to message her as WhatsApp seems to no longer be a viable BBOS 7 option. I'd also be open to any alternative BBM options to chat on my 9900 with her iPhone 11 while she is traveling.

I saw this thread: https://forums.crackberry.com/ask-qu.../#post13406162 from last year where the issue was similar and unresolved.
    Like I said in the other thread, check if there's an update available for BBM in BlackBerry World. I had a friend with the same issue where updating solved it - as the version you're running is pre-BBMe so doesn't support Protected chats.
    02-21-20 08:46 PM
    Like I said in the other thread, check if there's an update available for BBM in BlackBerry World. I had a friend with the same issue where updating solved it - as the version you're running is pre-BBMe so doesn't support Protected chats.
    I'd love to do that but when I tried before starting this thread BlackBerry World just sent me on a loop "To continue using BlackBerry App World, you must upgrade your current version." When you click the "Upgrade button it takes you to a webpage and then back to the same message. The loop will go on as long as you keep clicking.
    02-21-20 09:01 PM
    I'd love to do that but when I tried before starting this thread BlackBerry World just sent me on a loop "To continue using BlackBerry App World, you must upgrade your current version." When you click the "Upgrade button it takes you to a webpage and then back to the same message. The loop will go on as long as you keep clicking.
    I've seen that issue before... can't recall what the solution was though. @Shuswap any ideas? @idssteve?
    02-21-20 09:05 PM
    Found something on another thread,
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13293563

Hello, I recently bought a brand new 9900, stumbled and fumed on the app world update loop issue and was almost on the verge of abandoning hope when I found this :
    https://rewian.wordpress.com/2012/11...ine-full-free/
    It's the application in code form. You have to transfer it to the micro SD card and execute the JAD file from there. I was a bit suspicious at first but it worked for me ! The procedure is explained in detail here :
    How to install applications (JAR, COD or JAD) on Blackberry | mHotspot blog
    Hope that helps.
    Shuswap likes this.
    02-21-20 09:09 PM
    I had a problem updating my AT&T 9860 three years ago. This was a solution back then but no idea about now.

02-21-20 09:29 PM