Newbie to BB WORLD.

I have some annoying issues with APP UNINSTALLATION, like even after I uninstall an app from native launcher, it still shows in LINK2sd app n all, plus I cant even remove them from that list.

Anyway the point is that, I NEED ROOT ACCESS TO REMOVE THE NATIVE LAUNCHER AND ADD SOME CUSTOM LAUNCHER FIRST, and then remove those annoying apps/ stuff using link2sd.

Tried Kingo, Iroot etc etc etc. Nothing works from PC and via phone.

so IS THAT POSSIBLE TO ROOT MY PHONE????
    02-23-19 09:21 AM
    You can only root this BlackBerry.
    Laura Knotek, jmr1015 and jevinzac like this.
    02-23-19 11:38 AM
    You bought the wrong, WRONG phone! 💀 None of the BlackBerry devices can be rooted. To make matter worse, the BlackBerry device you bought runs BlackBerry 10, and not Android like the BlackBerry KeyTwo, Priv, and DTEKS. I have no idea how Link2SD works, as I've never used it, but all I can say is that if you're trying to get better functionality out of an Android app, you should have bought an Android phone. More importantly, an Android phone that can be rooted. For your particular case, I do not know if root is actually necessary, but probably not.
    Laura Knotek and jmr1015 like this.
    02-23-19 12:35 PM

You can only root this BlackBerry.

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    02-24-19 12:10 PM
    You can't replace the launcher on a BB10 phone. On the other hand, I would never want to. The original BlackBerry Hub in BB10 was fantastic and still is, for many of us.

But if you bought this phone to load up with apps, I agree you bought the wrong phone. It only supports Android apps that will run on Runtime 4.3 or older, and even its own native apps aren't all supported anymore by the original app providers.

If you want to try using the phone properly, I would reset it/wipe it back to factory settings, update the OS to the latest BB10 version (an autoloader will take care of both), and then include your OS version number in any post where you are asking for help with something.

Again, as others have said, your phone doesn't run Android, it runs BB10, and it cannot be rooted.

Newbie to BB WORLD.

I have some annoying issues with APP UNINSTALLATION, like even after I uninstall an app from native launcher, it still shows in LINK2sd app n all, plus I cant even remove them from that list.

Anyway the point is that, I NEED ROOT ACCESS TO REMOVE THE NATIVE LAUNCHER AND ADD SOME CUSTOM LAUNCHER FIRST, and then remove those annoying apps/ stuff using link2sd.

Tried Kingo, Iroot etc etc etc. Nothing works from PC and via phone.

so IS THAT POSSIBLE TO ROOT MY PHONE????

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    02-24-19 12:21 PM