I made a mistake of installing a third party app, name > Hotstar which is a official video player of a TV channel (an apk file version of it), and allowing a whole list of permissions that comes with it.

Apparently I was careless because I read that there's never been a virus related problem in blackberry.
    Also because the application worked fine.
    So, I never thought that it would create any mess.

After a while it starts opening up automatically whenever Wi-Fi connection was on.
    And showing pop-up advertisements.
    I deleted it, thinking that the problem will also go away with it.

But I'm still having the advertisement problem on almost all of my android related apps. I cannot use them when in every 5 seconds some ad shows up.

Aside from that in,
    Device > Misc > android > Android > Data >
    The folder of the suspected app, recreates when Internet is on.
    I've tried deleting it several times. But it appears again each time.

I've tried restarting the device, pulling battery and pressing power button for a long time.
    Still no luck!

Though sometimes instead of ad, in a corner it shows some sort of code, 0x49018
    I'm not sure what it means.

What I cannot do is :
    Buy an anti virus software.
    Create backup to wipe off the memory.
    Change my phone.
    Go to a repairing shop.

And as I have been searching for a solution, for a while now. According to what I have read, I think resetting the phone will not solve the problem.

What I think is that because of the permissions, it created some file which I cannot find and which affects all the android based applications somehow.

I came here looking for a miracle, because I love my phone and if I had even 1% idea that something like this could happen. I would have never even thought of installing the app.

Now I'm here looking for a solution. If anyone have any idea how to fix it kindly help me.
    02-25-17 05:42 PM
    Remove the battery from the Z10, wait 10 seconds, and reinstall the battery. This is called a Hard Reset.
    It dumps running memory, shuts off background apps, clears all caches, and powers off the device. It doesn't delete anything.
    Turn on the Z10.
    As soon as it boots up, start deleting all your Android and BlackBerry/Android ported apps.
    You will have a 2~3 minute window after the Z10 boots up before it starts up the background service for the Android Runtime.
    During that time, the infected Android app can not start up and you can delete it.
    If you can't get them all deleted in time, just repeat above until you do.
    That should get rid of the infection and allow you to get back up and running.
    tommy2017 likes this.
    02-25-17 06:01 PM
    A security wipe would of course resolve the problem.

But before resorting to that, try running Ghost Commander from BBW and see if you can find the offending app and delete it.

Come to think of it, are you on OS 10.3.2.2876 (2836) or 10.3.2.2888 (2848)? If so, have you updated the Android Runtime to fix the delete bug?
    02-25-17 06:01 PM
    I have no idea about android runtime and how to update it.
    OS Version 10.3.2.2639
    02-25-17 06:16 PM
    I'll try it once more.
    But since I already deleted that particular
    application, there isn't any proper file to delete.

Though, I will try to delete the related files I mentioned above.
    But then they'll come back as soon as phone is connected to Internet.
    02-25-17 06:22 PM
    I have no idea about android runtime and how to update it.
    OS Version 10.3.2.2639
    It doesn't apply to your OS anyway. You're good.
    02-25-17 06:25 PM
    It doesn't apply to your OS anyway. You're good.
    Alright.
    02-25-17 06:31 PM
    A security wipe would of course resolve the problem.

But before resorting to that, try running Ghost Commander from BBW and see if you can find the offending app and delete it.

Come to think of it, are you on OS 10.3.2.2876 (2836) or 10.3.2.2888 (2848)? If so, have you updated the Android Runtime to fix the delete bug?
    So, I installed the ghost commander. The infectious application was still present according to it. When I tried to un install it, it revealed that due to some sort of administrative permissions it was still there. There was an option of deactivation, so I deactivated it from running as an admin. Then I un installed it.

Apparently that was all I needed to do. It seems that the problem is gone for good.

Thanks a ton !!! ^_^
    02-26-17 02:09 AM
    After I was done with the ghost commander, I hard reset the phone to check. And thankfully the problem didn't come back.

Between the 2-3 minutes window, I checked the files which have been bothering. They were not there anymore.

Thank you both for helping !! ^_^ ^_^
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    02-26-17 02:14 AM
    Good news. That was quite a nasty app.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    02-26-17 06:48 AM