GOOGLE is involved now. Working with them on a solution. I will update as soon as we get anywhere
    Were they all purchased from the same source?
    03-14-17 10:34 PM
    Were they all purchased from the same source?
    But I think impossible to tampered the OS
    03-14-17 10:51 PM
    But I think impossible to tampered the OS
    You never know...

Also, does the DTEK app say anything is not as it should be?
    03-14-17 11:16 PM
    All apps came from the Google Play Store.

I've been following Google (Tech's) game plan for figuring this out for the last few days and will be sending them all the info.

Hopefully a resolution is around the corner.
    03-17-17 09:45 AM
    All apps came from the Google Play Store.

I've been following Google (Tech's) game plan for figuring this out for the last few days and will be sending them all the info.

Hopefully a resolution is around the corner.
    I have the identical issue with my phone and have been unable to resolve. Please advise if there is a solution. Thanks!
    05-19-17 08:05 AM
    I have the identical issue with my phone and have been unable to resolve. Please advise if there is a solution. Thanks!
    I am having the same problem. I just got a Blackberry KeyONE and these ads are popping up randomly while I am using email, text etc., and also when the phone is 'at rest'. I have turned off location services, tried to turn off all notifications and disable ad opt-in on Google where I can. This is happening when on cellular or wifi. I just have a few apps that have all come from Google Play store.

I hope there is a resolution to read by the time i get to the end of this thread.
    04-12-18 09:54 AM
    Have you tried doing a "long press" on the ad to see if an opt-out choice appears? "Air Push" (a main player in this game) used to have an opt-out link, now gone.

Also have a look here.

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to...droid-3633127/
    04-12-18 10:34 AM
    If you are getting Random Pop up ads in Android (not ads when you are running an app). Back check the latest apps you have installed. Generally it is a rogue app causing the problem.
    04-12-18 12:38 PM
    The one time I had this problem with Android was on a Kindle Fire tablet, and it was unquestionably an app that was causing it, Showbox in that instance.

Got rid of the app, and they went away. as said above, it's usually a rogue app, and in this one instance, an anti-virus app might actually be useful in flagging up which one it is.
    04-12-18 12:49 PM
    I am having the same problem. I just got a Blackberry KeyONE and these ads are popping up randomly while I am using email, text etc., and also when the phone is 'at rest'. I have turned off location services, tried to turn off all notifications and disable ad opt-in on Google where I can. This is happening when on cellular or wifi. I just have a few apps that have all come from Google Play store.

I hope there is a resolution to read by the time i get to the end of this thread.
    Try this. This is based on another Nougat device but Keyone should be the same/similar.

Go into Settings>Apps>3 dot menu (upper right)>Configure>Special Access>Draw Over Other Apps.

The 'Draw Over Other Apps' permissions allow rogue apps to pop up windows so see if there is an app there that is suspicious: its probably not a well known app, they'd get found out and complained in their reviews pretty quickly.
    Last edited by Ment; 04-12-18 at 01:43 PM.
    cass482 likes this.
    04-12-18 01:23 PM
    The Keyone sadly doesn't have that feature on the Settings/App page - I can only seem to find it within each individual app (i.e not at the system level). However, I was able to go in and turn that "draw over other apps" feature off on the ones that listed that feature and it does seem to have solved the problem. Appreciate this tip! Thank you.
    04-14-18 10:26 AM
    any update on this? I get the same sort of thing on my DTEK60. I assumed it was just an Android thing. The ads tend to have the Play or Twitter icon in the corner so I figured it came with the Android territory.
    05-14-18 08:34 AM
    any update on this? I get the same sort of thing on my DTEK60. I assumed it was just an Android thing. The ads tend to have the Play or Twitter icon in the corner so I figured it came with the Android territory.
    It's typically almost always an app doing this. Any recent apps downloaded? Any screen saver/background apps?
    05-14-18 08:47 AM
38 12