My bright was too shiny even at the minimum so I went to BlackBerry virtual expert and tested and it says the sensor of light and proximity isn't available. Any solution? I'm out of warranty now.

Z10STL100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Pocket safe ruined my sensor!-img_20160503_174907.png

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 11:49 AM
    Maybe chat to the developer. I know he is very helpful and responds well to requests/comments. Give it a try.

Classic .2876
    05-03-16 11:59 AM
    Done that.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 12:14 PM
    If you are comfortable opening up device check to see if there is any debris covering sensor.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 01:29 PM
    Hum not comfortable

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 05:41 PM
    Have you deleted Pocket Safe and attempted to reload OS?
    If you are convinced that Pocket Safe led to the sensor failure it's possible that reload may correct issue if it is an application control problem....worth a try???

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 05:54 PM
    @RodgerLeblanc FYI
    05-03-16 06:18 PM
    I already replied to you through email and through another thread here, I'll just copy paste my answer as I didn't heard back from you and now see that multiple chats are opened to blame my app for your hardware issues.

Hi Diogo,

Proximity sensor, like other sensors on your phone (GPS, ambient light, gyroscope, etc), are all read-only sensors, meaning any app can read their values but no apps can try to modify the sensor or inject anything to it.

Like any hardware, sensors can stop working. This also happens with hard drive, SD card, screen (dead pixels), hardware buttons, USB/earphone jack, etc.

If your earphone jack would break, would you blame the music app you use?

If your device is still under warranty, I highly suggest you contact your vendor for a repair/replacement. Also, make sure to run BlackBerry Virtual Expert app and test your proximity sensor with it, you can find it in BlackBerry World here :
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27226887

If you're out of warranty, I suggest you reinstall your OS, as some problems looks like they are hardware issues but are indeed software/OS issues that can be solved with a fresh OS install.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 07:31 PM
    I also asked BlackBerry to remove your negative feedback for PocketSafe in BlackBerry World, if after we discuss you think my app still deserves a negative feedback, you'll be able to post one and I'll not remove it. My email address is easily accessible in BlackBerry World, in all my apps and I'm responding to all my CB threads for my apps, I think it's really easy to contact me before going all over the place publishing (what I consider) false information and negative messages about my apps.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 07:45 PM
    OK no problem sorry xd I did a factory reset a few weeks ago I guess I'll try again

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 04:26 PM
    Stuff happens to 3-4 year old devices. A short while ago, the power button on my z10 refused to work. The only way I can shut the device off is by pulling the battery or I can use the lift to wake on advanced interactions. Things do wear out and that is maybe what has happened to you. Sorry to hear about it tho.
    05-04-16 04:58 PM