My trusty Classic passed away on the weekend...strange charging issue, nearly caught fire. Before the battery charge vanished, I managed to copy my photos, audio, contacts, etc. on to the MicroSD card i had in it. When I put the MicroSD into my new KeyONE, the folder structure is there, I can browse to the photos or audio but can't look at or listen to the files. How can I recover these?
    12-18-17 09:24 AM
    My trusty Classic passed away on the weekend...strange charging issue, nearly caught fire. Before the battery charge vanished, I managed to copy my photos, audio, contacts, etc. on to the MicroSD card i had in it. When I put the MicroSD into my new KeyONE, the folder structure is there, I can browse to the photos or audio but can't look at or listen to the files. How can I recover these?
    Did you have your sd-card encrypted?

I don't know if you want to spend money on it but you might want to try having the battery replaced and see if the data on the phone is still intact. I've had the battery replaced on my Z30 twice - both times it cost about $50 by a local cell phone repair shop. Of course, if it was the charging circuit as opposed to a bad battery it might not help.

Maybe someone has additional ideas on recovery.

Good luck.
    12-18-17 09:42 AM
    Was the card encrypted? If so, not much you can do.

If the card wasn't encrypted, I'd pull it out and put it in a PC and try one of any number of file recovery apps for SD Cards.
    12-18-17 09:43 AM
    if it was encrypted...would I be able to decrypt it with a different BB Classic?
    12-18-17 10:23 AM
    It was the charging circuit...nearly melted when plugged in to charge on night...loose wire i suspect. don't know if I had the card encrypted...
    12-18-17 10:30 AM
    No... if you wipe the phone, even the same Classic would not be able to access the files.

If you put it in a PC, what shows up?
    12-19-17 12:39 PM