This person is taking me to court with text messages on their phone of a sexual nature that I did not send. The police downloaded the texts and the report they have shows them coming from my phone number. The really strange thing is that some of the text messages on this person's phone are from me. But then there are conversations on both sides that I have no record of in my phone.

Is it possible for this person to take our text conversations and combine them with conversations they had with someone else to make it look like it was with me?
    09-20-18 02:57 AM
    This person is taking me to court with text messages on their phone of a sexual nature that I did not send. The police downloaded the texts and the report they have shows them coming from my phone number. The really strange thing is that some of the text messages on this person's phone are from me. But then there are conversations on both sides that I have no record of in my phone.

Is it possible for this person to take our text conversations and combine them with conversations they had with someone else to make it look like it was with me?
    Have you talked to a lawyer?

They can subpoena your carrier (depending on where you live in the world). Check you text history as well as checking to make sure no one sent the messages via other means.

I would assume that is what the police would have done before (is this a criminal case that the police are involved with or a civil case)... no one should take the word of what is on someones phone... as that can be manipulated. Spoofing numbers isn't hard....
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    09-20-18 09:25 AM

It is so easy for scammers to use a different number. Talk to your lawyer about this.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-18 10:19 AM
    Yes, I have been talking with a lawyer who is not tech-savvy, and no one else I talk to knows how someone would do this.

We did check the text history on the phone records, but they were actually sent via iMessage, which does not show up on phone records.

These conversations go back months. Can someone pre-date messages when they're spoofing numbers?
    09-20-18 01:12 PM
    Oh, and the police? They think that these text messages are their slam dunk that I'm guilty so I don't know how eager they are to try to uncover new evidence to prove otherwise. It is a criminal case, so I'm trying to verify my theory with hard examples of how someone would do it so that my lawyer can take it to the DA and then everyone can see this other person is lying and the case will be thrown out.
    09-20-18 01:14 PM
    Do a Google search for sending a spoofed SMS Message... you can set time and number. But it won't trick the carrier's servers...

iMessage is something else... not sure there is any way to spoof messaged to a person's phone. But a person can edit the iMessage chat logs on their phone, those are store in an SQLite database which is accessible to someone with SQL skills (or they were).

As far as I know... in the US. Text Messages are admissible in court, only if they have been retrieved directly from the carrier. Info on a person personal device or screen shots are not (as both can be faked). As far as I know... Apple claims they have no access to iMessage chat logs, as they are encrypted. The don't store timestamps, content or really much of anything. So I don't see how they would have anything to submit as admissible... your lawyer should be able to search for cases for precedent.

Heck you own an iPhone... see just how far the great customer support will get you. Call them and see what info they'll give you.
    09-20-18 02:55 PM
    Yes, I have been talking with a lawyer who is not tech-savvy, and no one else I talk to knows how someone would do this.
    Get a better lawyer, and stop posting about it on a public forum on the internet.
    09-20-18 04:15 PM
    Clearly I'm desperate. This was not my first, second, or fifteenth option. Why even make this comment? If I could afford a better lawyer, then I would. If you don't want to offer some advice, then perhaps you should just stay quiet and not try to shame someone into looking for help to stay out of jail.
    09-20-18 04:22 PM
    Yep - you're not helping yourself by posting online! You need a better lawyer asap! Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    09-20-18 06:16 PM
    Last two posts -- what you do. In today's world if you can't find a lawyer who gets this...
    09-20-18 08:04 PM
    Since when you had your number OP?

What device are you using?

Why would you send message to him?

Did your lawyer get a copy of all the proof against you?

Did you lawyer contact an expert to verify those proofs?
    09-20-18 09:07 PM