My Whatsapp chats on my Blackberry Passport need to be moved to a new Android phone. But the link "transfer conversation to Android doesn't show up in Whatsapp settings. Any clues?
    05-20-22 06:31 PM
    My Whatsapp chats on my Blackberry Passport need to be moved to a new Android phone. But the link "transfer conversation to Android doesn't show up in Whatsapp settings. Any clues?
    Backup you WhatsApp chats on your old phone, then mover the WhatsApp folder in misc/android to the root directory of your android phone. Then install WhatsApp on the android and it should pick up your backed up chats.
    Just make sure you don't mess with the structure of the WhatsApp folder or the path will be incorrect.
    06-02-22 10:04 PM
    Backup you WhatsApp chats on your old phone, then mover the WhatsApp folder in misc/android to the root directory of your android phone. Then install WhatsApp on the android and it should pick up your backed up chats.
    Just make sure you don't mess with the structure of the WhatsApp folder or the path will be incorrect.
    I tried all the above carefully, but only the Groups chats seem to be moving to the new phone and they moved without any conversations inside the chats! The Individual chats with people didnt appear. I am not using Whatsapp Fixer or any 3rd Pary App> Am using just my sd card for the whole operation. Any suggestions pls on how to progress with this?
    07-17-22 02:23 PM
    I tried all the above carefully, but only the Groups chats seem to be moving to the new phone and they moved without any conversations inside the chats! The Individual chats with people didnt appear. I am not using Whatsapp Fixer or any 3rd Pary App> Am using just my sd card for the whole operation. Any suggestions pls on how to progress with this?
    The WhatsApp folder needs to be on the internal storage of the android device before installing WhatsApp - not on the SD card.

See my reply in the other thread.
    07-17-22 05:58 PM