Hi everyone, I hope are well.

Long story short, I purchased a Passport for my wife and it is locked to Telus. We are Rogers customers but the only one I could find online was locked to Telus. I have been a very Blackberry user and finally convinced her to try BB 10. We are traveling tomorrow and based on the confidence I gave her, she gave her other phone away saying she will use the Passport. Well, I paid $35 for a code from cellunlocker and the code did not work. I submitted for a new code from Blackberrycodesource and the code came back which cost another $30 as the same code. I contacted them and they said there is one code per IMEI and this is why both sent me the same. Well, as you can imagine my wife is walking around me in circles, unpleased to say the least. I then called Blackberry as the people from Blackberrycodesource said the codes come from Blackberry. Blackberry support was incredibly unhelpful, basically offering form of help. They actually told me my only option is Telus and when I told them I was a Rogers customer they suggested I sign up with Telus for 90 days in order to get the unlock code I need. Really? That was the only suggestion or form of help Blackberry could give a loyal customer? I was incredibly disappointed.

So now I am left with a heavy paperweight and a wife who is severely upset at me on the eve of what is supposed to be a special trip for us.

I have been so loyal to the BB brand, I love the product and Blackberry 10 OS but what can I do? I cannot believe they would do nothing for me and I am left with a useless device and a wife who doesn't even want to look at me. I need to fix this as soon as possible or this trip is going to be painful.

Can any help? The device is locked to Telus, I of course have the IMEI and the unlock code both cellunlocker and blackberrycodesource gave me. All I want is for her to be able to use her Blackberry like I do - I finally sold her on Blackberry and Blackberry 10!

Please help help help me

I am practically begging lol.

B
    08-12-15 07:14 PM
    And to confirm you are following the correct steps to unlock the device? I believe part of the process is NOT having a SIM card in the device at the time.
    BobR1908 likes this.
    08-12-15 07:32 PM
    So... why would you buy a phone locked to a network you were not going to use? Anyway, I'd go on the Telus forum and asks there. Also, contact a few online code sellers, tell them you are having issues and include the unlock code you have that doesn't work. A Telus unlock code can be 8 or 16 digits. MAYBE... it's the first 8 digits (if you got a 16 digit?) But remember, you only have ten tries.
    08-12-15 07:58 PM
    And to confirm you are following the correct steps to unlock the device? I believe part of the process is NOT having a SIM card in the device at the time.
    I was informed to turn the phone off, put in the non carrier sim and then turn on the phone. It says the device is network locked so I go into sim setting and click "unlock network" and then proceed to type in the code. Am I suppose to do it ALL without a sim card in?
    08-12-15 09:11 PM
    So... why would you buy a phone locked to a network you were not going to use? Anyway, I'd go on the Telus forum and asks there. Also, contact a few online code sellers, tell them you are having issues and include the unlock code you have that doesn't work. A Telus unlock code can be 8 or 16 digits. MAYBE... it's the first 8 digits (if you got a 16 digit?) But remember, you only have ten tries.
    Telus uses the 16 digit code. Many people purchase phones and then unlock them for use on their own carrier - I could not find one for Rogers so purchased the Telus phone with confidence I could unlock it. I have never had an issue before.
    08-12-15 09:12 PM
    www.plentyoffish.ca

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 09:50 PM
    Telus uses the 16 digit code. Many people purchase phones and then unlock them for use on their own carrier - I could not find one for Rogers so purchased the Telus phone with confidence I could unlock it. I have never had an issue before.
    You are blaming BlackBerry for the following mistakes that you made:
    1. Buying a phone that was locked to another carrier.
    2. Getting rid of wife's phone before unlocking the new phone.
    3. Having confidence in yourself.

I'm not seeing why you don't take the blame yourself.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    kgbbz10 likes this.
    08-12-15 10:29 PM
    You are blaming BlackBerry for the following mistakes that you made:
    1. Buying a phone that was locked to another carrier.
    2. Getting rid of wife's phone before unlocking the new phone.
    3. Having confidence in yourself.

LOL - thanks for your valuable input. Not once did I "blame" Blackberry, all I stated was after being incredibly loyal to the brand and owning 8 different BB handsets in total that they would have tried to do more to help me. Maybe I purchased the Telus model because as I stated I could not find a Rogers model - that in itself shows a level loyalty to the product. Thanks again for your ever so valuable input Denise LOL.

THIS is why Blackberry is a sinking ship.

I'm not seeing why you don't take the blame yourself.

08-12-15 10:43 PM
    This may be of help...

"Blackberry Unlock Code...
    Telus Mobility = Unlock Code can be 8 or 16 digits (Some Models require both Unlock Code & Service Provider Code)."

Examples...

"Blackberry Bell Mobility & Telus Mobility
    Submit: IMEI: 353872042187380 Result: 37223635
    Explanation: If your phone ask for Network MEP Code: Unlock Code: 37223635
    If your phone ask for Service Provider Code: Service Provider Code: 37223635

Blackberry Bell Mobility & Telus Mobility
    Submit: IMEI: 353872042187380 Result: 37223635,41382862
    Explanation: Unlock Code: 37223635 & Service Provider Code: 41382862"

From here: https://www.stockunlocks.com/faqs/ho...k-instructions
    BobR1908 likes this.
    08-12-15 10:45 PM
    I wouldn't make the mistakes that you did. Go look in the mirror and blame yourself for this "nightmare." LOL

08-12-15 10:46 PM
    Ok, take the Sim out of the phone. Reboot the *******.

Then go to settings - security and privacy - Sim card and scroll down.

Make sure you click the unlock button, and put the code in there.

If it fails, take out a video camera, try it a second time while recording.

If both fail, send an email to both unlocking services and hopefully you can get some money back.

If neither of these work, I can recommend 2 services I've used to unlock devices in the past that worked. Of course your mileage may vary.

Do not burn through attempts without reason. You have ten, and then that's it.

If all else fails, the method is to go to Telus. Get a prepaid Sim with 35 dollars of credit. Then ask for an unlock through the phone which is a charge of 35 dollars.

Depending on your rep, they may not do this, and which case you will have to get an account for 90 days. OR, consider selling off the phone and recouping some cash, then seeking another alternative.

FML
    SmileDahling likes this.
    08-13-15 02:01 AM
    Read my last post... go to the link for more info.
    Last edited by scrannel; 08-13-15 at 11:16 AM.
    BobR1908 likes this.
    08-13-15 11:06 AM
    Read my last post... go to the link for more info.
    Thanks I really appreciate you sharing the link, I submitted a note to the contact us on the site asking about the passport and they informed me they had never processed a code for a Passport as of yet. I see a lot of codes on the site but am not sure what they all mean or if I should be trying to unlock with one of them?
    08-13-15 12:37 PM
    So did you get it unlocked?

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 11:59 PM
    Thanks I really appreciate you sharing the link, I submitted a note to the contact us on the site asking about the passport and they informed me they had never processed a code for a Passport as of yet. I see a lot of codes on the site but am not sure what they all mean or if I should be trying to unlock with one of them?
    IF... you have a lot of attempts left, and are willing to sacrifice another... you might just try the first 8 digits. Assuming it will not work. But you may have better luck on the Telus forum. Or Passport forum?
    08-15-15 10:06 AM
    I got this locked phone for a carrier I don't use and thought I could just unlock it because things should be easy for me, but it didn't work so **** BlackBerry.

That about sums up this post. Lesson to be learned, don't buy a locked device when you can buy an unlocked device from like 20 other sources.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-15-15 12:12 PM
    I got this locked phone for a carrier I don't use and thought I could just unlock it because things should be easy for me, but it didn't work so **** BlackBerry.

That about sums up this post. Lesson to be learned, don't buy a locked device when you can buy an unlocked device from like 20 other sources.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    Or at least do your research. Find out how much of PIA it's going to be to unlock,. which carriers make it easy etc. Also, think if you have a phone locked to X carrier, and you're having issues, go to the forum for Carrier X... you can't be alone.
    08-15-15 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD