I've been plagued by the known Mobile Network Connection issue on the Passport for the last month and a half. My Passport (unlocked, black) can only hold signal outdoors, albeit moderate signal at best. Prior to this it had great cell reception indoors and outdoors.

There are numerous threads regarding this issue dating back to the time of the phone's release.

After trying all forms of troubleshooting, I have come to the conclusion that it's a hardware issue. I came across a comment on a thread which stated that by pressing down on the area below the SIM tray, signal could be retrieved. I gave it a go and lo and behold my signal came back. When I released the pressure, signal was out again, and didn't come back even after pushing down in the same spot. I also noticed that that area of the back cover produces a crink-y sound when I press it. Something must be broken or loose down there.

In the end I'm using my Q10 again. It's a shame, I loved my Passport. It's way out of warranty though and my personal needs from a phone have changed, so I'll be switching to a Galaxy S7 in the near future.

Hope this helps anyone dealing with the same issue.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 01:22 PM