My original black Passport had major screen lifting on the right side of the screen. I was hoping BlackBerry would've fixed this issue with the Silver Edition, but I guess not. I can feel the edge of the glass on the top side of the display. I know it's screen lifting because if I push it, it becomes flush with the frame. I just hope this doesn't become worse.. anyone else facing this problem?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 02:50 PM
    My original black Passport had major screen lifting on the right side of the screen. I was hoping BlackBerry would've fixed this issue with the Silver Edition, but I guess not. I can feel the edge of the glass on the top side of the display. I know it's screen lifting because if I push it, it becomes flush with the frame. I just hope this doesn't become worse.. anyone else facing this problem?

Posted via CB10
    "I am not sure if you have the issue." Why you are interested in if others have the problem.

What you should be doing, since you have a new phone is to pursue warranty and/or replacement options.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BB Adict; 08-20-15 at 06:00 PM.
    08-20-15 04:45 PM
    I'm interested because I know previously there were many people who had the screen lift on the original Passports. I just wanna know if this is how it should be or if it really is a screen lift. And would BlackBerry cover this?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 05:57 PM
    I'm interested because I know previously there were many people who had the screen lift on the original Passports. I just wanna know if this is how it should be or if it really is a screen lift. And would BlackBerry cover this?

Posted via CB10
    You are not alone: many people have the same issue.
    09-01-15 07:35 AM
    Mines fine. Maybe because I don't pick at it and look for defects or create them.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 11:36 AM
    Mine SE is absolutely fine unless I put a screw driver and try to flick the screen.
    My other two Passports Black ( almost one year now) and the Red are also fine.

 Passport propelled by 10.3.2.2639
    09-01-15 11:45 AM
    The screen lifting is either caused by excessive heat that causes the glue to let go on the bottom right corner or the frame gets bent. Not sure why they didn't screw it down which would have prevented this in the first place. No idea if the SE has same problem. Still waiting for a tear down to see the insides. Too bad crackberry is too scared to do one themselves.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 07:20 PM
    My SE has the same problem, screen lifting.
    I dont know if will be worse, or the screen will remain at 0,5mm above the metal frame.
    10-23-15 04:34 AM
    Mine SE is absolutely fine unless I put a screw driver and try to flick the screen.
    My other two Passports Black ( almost one year now) and the Red are also fine.

 Passport propelled by 10.3.2.2639
    Put a screwdriver?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 08:04 PM
    My red one is lifting and I have opened a warranty case with Blackberry after buying from Amazon.

For those that are in warranty still, FYI, it was surprisingly easy to get on touch. I called the support number in the UK (01753558410), they gave me a Web address specific to the people I bought it from (https://salesforce.services.blackber...ebforms/amazon) and it is now in progress.

For those dickheads doubting that a screen has lifted on someone else's phone I've really got to suggest you stop being unhelpful and keep quiet. My phone has had no abuse or picking at the screen by me; I've had it since June last year and last week I noticed my finger getting caught on the screen. Other than this issue the phone has been brilliant. If yours lifts I'm sure you'll be on here begging for sympathy.
    See you next Tuesday(s).

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and joseanmx like this.
    02-23-16 02:50 PM