Can I factory reset my BlackBerry Passport without my sim card in it or without wifi?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 07:29 PM
    Yes you can and the easiest way is by using Blackberry Link through your PC .
    11-18-15 07:32 PM
    Don't have PC at the moment

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 07:37 PM
    There is only ONE reset you can do if you have no pc and that is what we refer to as a "Soft reset" . This is at: Settings/security and privacy/security wipe. The so-called "Hard reset" requires Blackberry Link on your computer. Sounds like you are going to do the security wipe if you have no pc.
    11-18-15 07:53 PM
    OK and it will delete all accounts? And how long will it take? Last time I did one on a Z10 it took forever and had to connect to a PC to reload software.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 07:57 PM
    Yeah, it can take a long long time. That is why using Link is much better. If you have to do the security wipe, make sure you plug it into your power source, uninstall all the apps you can, then remove the sd card (if you have one) then begin and have patience. The process can take a few hours or a few days depending on how much encrypted data you have on the device. If you have no patience for it too finish, you will have to use an autoloader (with pc) to reload. I cannot stress how much easier this is to do using a computer with Blackberry Link. It is probably easier to borrow someones computer to do this then uninstall BL from the pc after you are finished.
    11-18-15 08:48 PM
    What about if it's connected to wifi?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 09:06 PM
    No difference if wifi connected. Doing the security wipe does NOT change the OS version on your device, it just wipes all data, accounts etc on the device and leaves the existing OS on. If you choose to go this route, remove as many apps, conversations on social media accounts, texts, everything with encrypted data and in general everything you can. This takes time also though. Blackberry has not made this security wipe easy I'm afraid. I have only done this twice (on my z10) and will never go this route again. I realize that you may not be able to get a pc to reset, so your only other choice is to have a lot of patience if need be. If you can remove a lot of stuff beforehand, the process may only last 45-60 minutes who knows! Good luck!
    11-18-15 09:19 PM
    Thanks a lot for the information!

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 09:23 PM
    How can I delete my BlackBerry ID without doing a security wipe?

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 09:52 PM
    Go here: How to delete a BlackBerry ID using the original account creation email and look at ALL links on this page. If you have 10.3.2.xxxx OS there are steps you have to take BEFORE deleting your account but I believe you need a computer to disable blackberry Protect. If you are lucky enough to have kept the original email return confirming your first account info then you can delete your account id near the bottom of that email where it says " If you did not create or do not recognize this account...". If you don't have this email then I think you need a computer-sorry. Anyway read that webpage and all links.
    11-18-15 10:11 PM