Hello guys, I have a blackberry passport and I'm thinking of upgrading to priv... some people tell me to not do it and some tell me to do it... I'm lost and need an advice, do I make this upgrade jump or just stay with the passport?!? Please help

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    03-31-16 03:05 PM
    I am staying with the Passport because I do not want a slider. If you want a slider with Android, go for it.
    03-31-16 03:15 PM
    I would ask if they have a live demo Priv you could play with at the store where you intend to buy the Priv. Play with it and see if you like the device first before you consider buying it.

As far as making the choice between Android and OS10, you have to look at the pros and cons of each OS and decide what device and software is going to meet your needs.
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    03-31-16 07:48 PM
    I am staying with the Passport because I do not want a slider. If you want a slider with Android, go for it.
    I've had a Priv since release day in Canada, my wife bought one in January. I came from the passport . I occasionally use the PKB my wife near opens it up...however she says "It's the best device she has ever owned and we have both used them all.

I'm really not understanding when I hear people say that they don't want a slide out keyboard, or a slider. Just don't open it. It's really that simple. However , I am guilty of opening occasionally just to make someone's jaw drop. Some people would say "that PKB is worth 240.00 and I don't want to pay for something I'm not going to use." Well, I don't really use mine but I do occasionally open it up and slap it closed and say "Kirk Out!" That alone is worth 240 bucks!!

Now with respect to the OP's buying decision process. It really up to you, and your needs. If the passport still suits your needs , well the passport is a power house super cool, and unique . I'm about different. Thats why I like the Priv and I finally reached a point were some apps were just not functioning for me. It was a three week learning curve for the Priv but it is by far (IMO) the best phone BlackBerry has made and I have used them all since 2002. However I still like different so last week I bought a Porsche Design P'9982 for back up, to play around with something different and to play around with a little BlackBerry history that I can now afford.

Now, given that ...if you are expecting to have a bb10 feel on an android... it's not going to happen. If you want some of the perks of bb10 that run on an android device and the advantage of BlackBerry security . . . I don't need to tell you what to do . . . just do it!

Posted via My BlackBerry PRIV cause I'm a Priviot
    04-01-16 12:17 AM
    I would ask if they have a live demo Priv you could play with at the store where you intend to buy the Priv. Play with it and see if you like the device first before you consider buying it.

As far as making the choice between Android and OS10, you have to look at the pros and cons of each OS and decide what device and software is going to meet your needs.
    I wouldn't suggest anyone making a decision on a smart phone based on 30 minutes with a demo. My suggestion would be , most carriers have 14 day return policies. Buy the device, don't put in the SIM (the return policy will only allow for a minimal amount of talk time) and play around with it for a couple weeks.

04-01-16 12:21 AM
    I wouldn't suggest anyone making a decision on a smart phone based on 30 minutes with a demo. My suggestion would be , most carriers have 14 day return policies. Buy the device, don't put in the SIM (the return policy will only allow for a minimal amount of talk time) and play around with it for a couple weeks.

Getting a chance to at least play with a device is something I recommend everyone should do first and as far as the 14 day return period, most all carriers here also charge a 50 dollar restocking fee when you return the device within that 14 day period.
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-01-16 04:34 AM
    Getting a chance to at least play with a device is something I recommend everyone should do first and as far as the 14 day return period, most all carriers here also charge a 50 dollar restocking fee when you return the device within that 14 day period.
    Hmmmm . not in Canada . But I would think it would be worth the 50 bucks
    04-02-16 10:59 AM

I'm really not understanding when I hear people say that they don't want a slide out keyboard, or a slider. Just don't open it. It's really that simple. However , I am guilty of opening occasionally just to make someone's jaw drop. Some people would say "that PKB is worth 240.00 and I don't want to pay for something I'm not going to use."
    The pkb is worth ZERO to people who don't want a slider.

Guess what is even simpler than not opening a slider? Not paying for one!

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-02-16 03:44 PM
    Hmmmm . not in Canada . But I would think it would be worth the 50 bucks
    Yep, all the carriers here in the US have a restocking fees, but for most phone junkies and tech freaks like myself, the 50 dollar fee is part of the process of testing out devices in real time, as long as it's in the 14 day return period.
    Laura Knotek and Carjackd like this.
    04-02-16 04:25 PM
    The pkb is worth ZERO to people who don't want a slider.

Guess what is even simpler than not opening a slider? Not paying for one!

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    Well, you wish my come true if this mid end device comes in all touch, the cost to bring it in mid end could be the cost of the keyboard and slider device
    04-02-16 09:45 PM
    Yep, all the carriers here in the US have a restocking fees, but for most phone junkies and tech freaks like myself, the 50 dollar fee is part of the process of testing out devices in real time, as long as it's in the 14 day return period.
    Ya I would have to believe it's well worth a 50.00 test drive rather than forking out 700 or 800 for a device and suffering cognitive dissonance
    04-02-16 09:48 PM
    Well guys I got the phone, and yes worth the price... it's really for now a great device not any bug found for now I bought it yesterday, system working great... let us see how it will stay and I really wish to not find any bug later... the phone rocks, we'll it's a SLIDER... I love both keyboards, and yes I looooove sliding it in front of people, it really just makes me feel different and above all hehe hehe... thank you guys...

Posted via the CrackBerry App from PRIVilege PRIVacy
    04-03-16 07:43 AM