My desktop and laptop (both Win 10) do not recognize my Passport when connected with my blackberry USB data cable. I get a message I get is "USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. " I have tried a Samsung data cable with the same error message. I have Link and Blend on both desktop and laptop which also downloaded the necessary drivers (Drivers tick box was ticked on the installation screen). I do get a wifi connection with Link

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
    08-03-17 06:07 PM
    My desktop and laptop (both Win 10) do not recognize my Passport when connected with my blackberry USB data cable. I get a message I get is "USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. " I have tried a Samsung data cable with the same error message. I have Link and Blend on both desktop and laptop which also downloaded the necessary drivers (Drivers tick box was ticked on the installation screen). I do get a wifi connection with Link

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
    Link has issues in Windows 10
    jafobabe likes this.
    08-03-17 06:30 PM
    Do not use Link or Blend on Win10. Make sure you have plugged in the Blackberry USB cable from your Passport to a direct USB port on your PC or Laptop. It should load the drivers fine and it will pop up a file listing with your new Drive Letter for the Passport. You can then drag and drop files either way.

Passport not recognized by computer when connected with USB data cable-capture4.jpgClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture4.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	428209
    08-03-17 11:48 PM