Hello together,

I have a huge problem with my Passport and I hope someone can help me.

First of all, my Passport is dead, it happened during my holidays (maybe it was too hot in the car). That means:

What I can do with the phone:
    - Turn on/off the device
    - Turn on/off wifi, bluetooth, mobile connections, flashlight (quick settings)
    - start the assistant (no possibility to open an app or contacts within the assistant)
    - delete apps
    - open the hub

What I can't do:
    - open any apps, no native app, no third party app, no nothing, (e.g. no contacts, no whatsapp, no calendar, no browser...)
    - write emails, text messages,...
    - use the camera
    - open the settings

When I turn the phone on, sometimes the calendar and whatsapp is kind of "open", but you can not click on it, then it dissapears. Several reboots (including with the volume buttons) were done.

I got already the advice that there could be a problem with the mainboard.

I wanted to make a backup and then to reset the advice.

2nd problem:

I can not connect the Passport with my computer (windows 10). Blackberry Link says, the communication with the device is not possible even when I got a connection with the phone.

Is there a possibility to make a backup?

philipp
    05-12-17 05:48 AM
    Do some searches here... there are a number of different things to try to get link working.
    iTunes patching, reinstalling, other utilities, install and run as administrator.... but many just can't get it to work anymore.

There are 3rd Party Apps in BBW that will backup "most" of your data - settings and apps not so much. I used Firechest Ultimate Backup.

Once you have backed it all up.... use an Autoloader to reinstall the OS.
    05-12-17 08:15 AM
    Hello together,

I have a huge problem with my Passport and I hope someone can help me.

First of all, my Passport is dead, it happened during my holidays (maybe it was too hot in the car). That means:

What I can do with the phone:
    - Turn on/off the device
    - Turn on/off wifi, bluetooth, mobile connections, flashlight (quick settings)
    - start the assistant (no possibility to open an app or contacts within the assistant)
    - delete apps
    - open the hub

What I can't do:
    - open any apps, no native app, no third party app, no nothing, (e.g. no contacts, no whatsapp, no calendar, no browser...)
    - write emails, text messages,...
    - use the camera
    - open the settings

When I turn the phone on, sometimes the calendar and whatsapp is kind of "open", but you can not click on it, then it dissapears. Several reboots (including with the volume buttons) were done.

I got already the advice that there could be a problem with the mainboard.

I wanted to make a backup and then to reset the advice.

2nd problem:

I can not connect the Passport with my computer (windows 10). Blackberry Link says, the communication with the device is not possible even when I got a connection with the phone.

Is there a possibility to make a backup?

philipp
    Did you happen to put in a sim from another country in your phone for out of country use?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-17 08:52 AM
    Hello
    Try also when as soon as connected to PC while plugged in USB reset holding down up/down volume keys at least 15 seconds.

Good luck

Posted via PRIV and or PASSPORT SE
    05-12-17 09:29 AM
    Do some searches here... there are a number of different things to try to get link working. iTunes patching, reinstalling, other utilities, install and run as administrator.... but many just can't get it to work anymore.
    I think it's a good idea to look for alternatives for BB Link or other topics here.

There are 3rd Party Apps in BBW that will backup "most" of your data - settings and apps not so much. I used Firechest Ultimate Backup.
    I can not open BBW and install other apps...

Try also when as soon as connected to PC while plugged in USB reset holding down up/down volume keys at least 15 seconds.
    That doesn't work :/

Did you happen to put in a sim from another country in your phone for out of country use?
    No, I didn't buy a sim card during the holidays.

EDIT:

The BB device manager sees the device.

How can I see it in the explorer (windows)?

Sachesi and Darccy's BB Tools don't work
    Last edited by suitcase12; 05-14-17 at 12:34 PM.
    05-12-17 01:16 PM
    Update:

It's possible now to get a connection with BB Link, Sachesi and Darcy's BB Tools but it's still not possible to do a backup. BB Link says after a few seconds, that the Backup wasn't finished and I should make sure, that the phone is on and that there's a connection. Sachesi says "Error starting backup session". It's also not possible with Darcy's.

I was only once able to see and open the phone in the windows explorer, of course I was not able to open any folder. After that the phone showed up several times in the explorer, but as network adress and not like the normal partitions and therefor it was not possible to open it.

Can anyone help me to create a backup? I want to backup my whatsapp backup file.
    05-14-17 12:44 PM