After three years my Passport is overheating and losing all battery in an hour of use. I deleted all apps that I don't use. I have Spotify and a free cell game that I use daily. Device monitor says 138% of my battery is being used by spotify. That is not unusual. I don't want to get rid of this phone, I love it too much. The only thing I know to do is a factory reset. The one time I did that, my OS crashed and I had to reinstall the OS back onto the phone. What do I do?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-17 07:31 AM
    That is pretty good going, 3 years without a battery change.
    You can go to your service provider or more specifically the shop you got the passport from and they can send it off, for the battery to be changed. But it's out of guarantee now so you may want to check the youtube videos first to see if it's something you feel comfortable doing.
    I am familiar with these sort of things and it's certainly no iPhone so I recommend that a professional does the job and in the case of blackberries that will not be me.
    Last edited by Neville A Daniels; 07-17-17 at 07:47 AM.
    07-17-17 07:33 AM
    Does it continue to be this way a day after a restart? Have you tried a restart using the volume buttons?

Behold, my thumbs have spoken.
    07-17-17 10:24 AM
    It won't do a hard reset for some reason. Counts down from three no matter holding the volume buttons down or not

Posted via CB10
    07-17-17 10:29 AM
    It won't do a hard reset for some reason. Counts down from three no matter holding the volume buttons down or not

Posted via CB10
    How about just holding down the power button for 10 to 12 seconds then letting go when the red led is seen?
    07-17-17 10:44 AM
    Well it's the battery. I live in U.S and no store anywhere doesn't sell this battery. AT&T told me to screw off. So off to Canada my phone goes.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-17 11:10 AM
    Replacing the battery might be a fix as three years could be it's limit depending.... but when my batteries have gone bad, I didn't notice them getting hot, just not lasting as long.

You have reloaded the OS before, I'd do it again and do not restore anything. Test it with just the basics for a few days, and then slowly add apps.
    07-17-17 11:13 AM
    Well it's the battery. I live in U.S and no store anywhere doesn't sell this battery. AT&T told me to screw off. So off to Canada my phone goes.

Posted via CB10
    I'm with D3 on this one. Batteries usually don't go "hot" when they run down. Usually you just notice that a charge does not last that long and quite often they will not charge to 100%. I think it's Spotify or your game. I would reload clean and leave it that way for a few days as a test, then gradually add your apps as you need them. Then add Spotify and your android game. If it is Spotify, you could try a different (maybe older) .apk from Apkpure.com. Good luck-hope you solve the problem.
    07-17-17 11:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Its the science of lithium ion batteries! After 1500 cycles the ion cells will start to reverse polarity and not charge and the extra heat cause will dissipate hence getting super hot!!!! This is a end of life battery and will die soon!!! Unfortunately there is no longer warranty support or anywhere under BB to get support! Google on the net to see if there's a third party level 1 service center that may have the battery and maybe install for you as well!? Good luck!
    07-21-17 11:51 PM