Hello all, I am using a PRIV now and need to upgrade to a new BB phone. I really don't use the physical keyboard on my phone so I can do without that. I like the phone for its size and usability. The phone works great but it is quite a few years old. What would the key feature differences be in the new BB phones? Even if its not something I use often (or maybe ever) I prefer to have the most features available.
    Thanks for your advise.
    Alan
    01-31-21 02:11 PM
    Hello all, I am using a PRIV now and need to upgrade to a new BB phone. I really don't use the physical keyboard on my phone so I can do without that. I like the phone for its size and usability. The phone works great but it is quite a few years old. What would the key feature differences be in the new BB phones? Even if its not something I use often (or maybe ever) I prefer to have the most features available.
    Thanks for your advise.
    Alan
    My advice is to look elsewhere for a new device. All BB devices are now nearing EOL and none are running an up to date android OS. Although there may be a newer device (from a novice company badged as BB) later this year, there is no set date for that and really not a guarantee that it will ever see the light of day. Look at Pixel devices, Nokia and maybe Samsung or LG. It's time to move on from BB as they no longer even make phones anymore.
    01-31-21 02:53 PM
    Thanks for your advise.
    Alan
    If you don't care for the physical keyboard, there is no new BB worth upgrading to from your Priv.

Try a Pixel, Samsung, Nokia, LG, etc
    01-31-21 09:26 PM
    If you don't care for the physical keyboard, there is no new BB worth upgrading to from your Priv.

Try a Pixel, Samsung, Nokia, LG, etc
    No its ok. I just dont use it. Its not that I dont like it. I want to stay with BB if I can.
    01-31-21 10:44 PM
    No its ok. I just dont use it. Its not that I dont like it. I want to stay with BB if I can.
    If you get a KEY2 or LE, you'll basically have to use the physical keyboard as it will always be right there in front of you. Though you can use the virtual keyboard on them, it will be sitting way up higher on the device which makes for an awkward typing experience that gives you very little screen space while typing.
    02-01-21 07:59 AM
    You may appreciate being able to compare technical comparisons between models, including available phone bands, etc

ASM/Arena
    https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php...&idPhone3=5251
    02-01-21 02:34 PM
    BlackBerry got out of the phone business five years ago.

Since then a few companies have been licensing the brand and few apps. But those efforts failed, today's BlackBerry's are stuck on an OS from 2017, with security patches ending at different points along the way. And apps being EOL along the way as well. A few are still supported, but only maintenance releases.... and their usability is hit and miss depending on a users level of forgiveness.

If you don't need the PKB.... you going to get better hardware, better support and a better user experience with another brand. And spend less money doing it. The latest phones the KEY2 and KEY2 LE are priced at a premium due to their limited availability.

I'd ask family and friends what they are using.... and if in the US, I'd buy what my carrier of choice sells and supports.
    02-02-21 08:02 AM