Is anyone ever going to fix this God damn problem?????? If I create a new contact on the device it syncs to outlook.com. Seems ok, but when I edit the same contact adding info to it, a new contact pops out just like the old one, but there is only one on the outlook.com.

On the device both are linked to outlook.com. Now if I delete one of them, no matter which one, it deletes the only one on the outlook.com. Basically it leaves only one option creating a contact via outlook.com. And I don't have the luxury of having access to my laptop all the time!!!!!

Contacts, emails, calendar these are the core apps for me, as I assume to
    any other BlackBerry user. FIX the f***ing problem!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    MLDodier likes this.
    05-27-15 03:21 AM
    The problem is from outlook, download and install latest updates for outlook, you'll be fine.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 05:05 AM
    The problem is from outlook, download and install latest updates for outlook, you'll be fine.

Posted via CB10
    Check the OP's issue again: he's not using Outlook the programme but Outlook.com.

When creating contacts on the phone, you get an option of what accounts to add them to. I generally just create local contacts on the handset since they're primarily going to be phone numbers, while I make my contacts for specific accounts from the webmail site.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 05:11 AM
    Sorry for the rude post, I just had one of those unfortunate moments and posted it in a raging state
    Although this problem is old, I am kind of surprised that it is not being solved for such a long time. By the way, as "rthonpm" noted, the problem is not the outlook program on my pc, but the www.outlook.com online sync.
    05-27-15 08:53 AM
    I found a link where Microsoft is saying, that basically it is a device error....

Blackberry Classic creates a duplicate contact in Outlook 365 after - Microsoft Community
    05-27-15 10:19 AM
    If you are using outlook. Just update, had this issue with 3 of my employees, resolved after update.

As for the outlook.com issue, I'm looking into it.

Chill dude, am trying to help OP no need for being aggressive, I honestly misread outlook.com and thought it was outlook, and I had just resolved this issue.

Meanwhile am struggling with the dreaded winmail.dat issue from outlook.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 10:45 AM
    Turn off the sync for a minute then turn off all that merge crap then delete all contacts on your phone, especially your local contacts...

Turn sync back on and you should be good...

The trick is making sure you have only one set of contacts and i have no idea what they were thinking with that merge crap, but bad idea...
    QNX4all likes this.
    05-27-15 11:02 AM
    i have no idea what they were thinking with that merge crap, but bad idea...
    The idea was to be able to combine social media contacts with local contacts so that you didn't have three or four potential contacts for the same person just with different information, maybe an email address in one, a phone number in another, and a different email in another. The idea is sound, but the implementation has been a little spotty.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 12:36 PM
    The idea was to be able to combine social media contacts with local contacts so that you didn't have three or four potential contacts for the same person just with different information, maybe an email address in one, a phone number in another, and a different email in another. The idea is sound, but the implementation has been a little spotty.

Posted via CB10
    ROFL... Agreed, it was like curing you by giving you the disease...

My comment was more rhetorical in that I understood what they were attempting, but they totally missed the target because we don't need to merge 4 contacts into one, what we need (or can use) is one contact in 4 places. What we lack is the ability to designate a "master" which has ALL the information. As far as I'm concerned, they can remove this feature on the next release and it'll never be missed (in fact, it will be appreciated)...

On your device, you just need your contacts to be your contacts and let it ride at that... Syncing to Linkden and Facebook doesn't need to be via our phone...

We're also missing the ability to turn off local contacts, for those of use whose master is wirelessly sync'd to our device. This is also the source of duplicates...

Now what BB really needs is an online address book, Calendar, notes and storage space that comes with your BBID. This way we won't need Google, outlook.com etc... We'll have seamless capability as part of having a BB (I know, both Apple and Google already have this for Droid).
    05-27-15 12:57 PM
    They use to have that on BlackBerry OS7. I miss the days when you signed in with your BlackBerry ID and all your data was there. Today BlackBerry Protect is nothing compared to what it used to be...

Posted via CB10
    Soapm likes this.
    05-27-15 03:29 PM
    I can see the logic of linking contacts more than a master list. A monolithic contact list may be alright if you're using one email account, but when using a device for business and personal use, as well as having casual (social) contacts as well it can be a little bit too much.

There's easily flexibility for both, but my general use case is:

Local contacts for any person I only contact by phone.

Business contacts synch from an Office365 account

Personal contacts synch from a different address

LinkedIn contacts tend to be a mix of personal and work so I link those with the appropriate account.

Synchronised contacts are still a relatively new thing and all mobile platforms have some issues with them in one form or another. It's also hard with multiple use cases.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 04:54 PM
    I can see the logic of linking contacts more than a master list. A monolithic contact list may be alright if you're using one email account, but when using a device for business and personal use, as well as having casual (social) contacts as well it can be a little bit too much.

There's easily flexibility for both, but my general use case is:

Local contacts for any person I only contact by phone.

Business contacts synch from an Office365 account

Personal contacts synch from a different address

LinkedIn contacts tend to be a mix of personal and work so I link those with the appropriate account.

Synchronised contacts are still a relatively new thing and all mobile platforms have some issues with them in one form or another. It's also hard with multiple use cases.

Posted via CB10
    Well, they're method of merging defeats what you're trying to do.

But I do differently, I put everything about the person including notes, birthdays etc... in a single contact that way even if i forget my phone (or too lazy to get up), I can log on to google from anywhere (or grab my iPad, my tablet, outlook on my laptop) and still have all my numbers or information I need to reach someone. That way even if I'm on Fb and someone ask for their number everything I have on that person is always there...

I understand separating business from personal, but with the search feature, why??? Just start typing their name and they comes up... But if I were to separate the two, I would use two wireless sync account and just have to address books in my phone. That merge feature automatically merges what you're trying to keep separate...
    05-27-15 06:08 PM