Live in Dubai and purchased my Passport jus 9 day ago. All was well. Updated to the official 10.3.1 update a couple of days ago and thereafter my outgoing call volumes are fluctuating. People keep telling me that my voice fades out for a few seconds and then restores to a normal level. This happens intermittently throughout calls. Is anyone else using a Passport facing this issue after the update ?
    11-06-14 08:10 AM
    10.3.1 is not official, I would role back to the original OS
    11-09-14 10:44 PM
    I got a message from software update saying this was a mandatory update and had to be installed. The OS version is 10.0.3.1418. I take it this is the latest official version of the OS? Apologies if I got the OS version wrong. Still facing the issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 02:55 AM
    Me, too. Mine gets real bad at times. Have to switch to my backup Android device. If I can't have a clear conversation there's little reason to use the device. Too frustrating. And replies like: "Mine is fine. My device works perfectly" don't really add much help. Those affected need a fix. Pronto!
    12-09-14 08:47 AM
    I also have the fading issue with my new Passport. I thought it was a cover issue but I still get that problem without it. Could it be a software issue?
    12-12-14 07:28 AM
    Me too. Very annoying. Yes, we need urgently a fix for this.
    01-04-15 02:44 PM
    I have also the same problem. Very...very frustrating...
    I'am on the 10.3.0.908
    01-14-15 03:21 PM
    Today I'm back on Z30 because of the call quality and fluctuations of the volume call.
    This is a setback for the Passport. Very,very frustating.....

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 06:46 AM
    Happening on my passport too
    01-27-15 06:25 AM
    Hi All:

Blackberry tech support confirmed that the problem was carrier frequency, signal strength related in different countries and they were aware of the problem and that the 10.3.1update would fix it. Just got the official 10.3.1 update installed last night and so far the few calls I have made have not exhibited the volume fading. Need to use the phone more over the next couple of days to confirm it the problem has indeed been fixed. I would appreciate it, if anyone else who had the problem, can please advise if it has disappeared after the 10.3.1 update on their Passports. Thanks.
    02-20-15 06:09 AM
    Hi All:

Blackberry tech support confirmed that the problem was carrier frequency, signal strength related in different countries and they were aware of the problem and that the 10.3.1update would fix it. Just got the official 10.3.1 update installed last night and so far the few calls I have made have not exhibited the volume fading. Need to use the phone more over the next couple of days to confirm it the problem has indeed been fixed. I would appreciate it, if anyone else who had the problem, can please advise if it has disappeared after the 10.3.1 update on their Passports. Thanks.
    Really glad to hear that...hope it works as I have not been able to upgrade. Its an Enterprise device so no leaks and with the screen flikr issue on the update it looks like Bell has held off on the OTA update.

Please report back if you do encounter fade away issues...
    02-20-15 02:01 PM