Good Day

I have a blackberry 9790, I downloaded opera mini from app world, when opening it, it says installing for several minutes and then "unable to connect to the internet. Please check your settings"

I searched on the net, some said activate APN and use internet next to it... No joy.

One also said go onto opera mini itself and download from there, it detects your phone, did that....No joy.

I have uninstalled and re installed several times....No joy

The only version according to the opera mini site that works with my phone other than the newest one is the old version 4.5 and that's a waste of my time.

I live in South Africa, don't know if that has something to do with it, any help will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
    07-11-14 07:46 AM
    Which carrier are you running this 9790 through? Do you have data plan on your SIM? I know that this don't require special BIS plan to run, but at least a normal data plan, with credit.
    07-11-14 03:52 PM
    Hi zocster, I am with mtn sa, am on contract including bis, my native browser works fine, can connect to the internet and so forth, full 3G.
    Last edited by Derekp13; 07-11-14 at 11:22 PM. Reason: wrong spelling
    07-11-14 11:20 PM
    opera "mini 8" blackberry on 9780 "unable to connect to the internet. Please check your settings"
    same issue. I have other 9780's and Opera works fine there. When I move from one of the working 9780's to the one which does not work - same issue.
    - deleting Opera, then downloading new with regular browser, now then clicking on Opera Icon, it starts "installing", then the same message "unable to connect..." comes up right away.
    The device where this happens is a "new used" device I got as replacement, but something is off.
    I tried changing the permissions under
    Options -> Device -> Application Management, then Opera Mini -> Edit Permissions
    There are 3 Sections:
    - Connections
    - Interactions
    - User Data
    When expanding all, the only difference between a 970 with a functional Opera and the failing is under "Interactions", the "Security Timer Reset" is grayed out and cannot be changed from Deny, where on the working Opera, it can be changed to Allow, Prompt, Deny.
    Could this make a difference?
    07-25-17 05:17 PM
    Solved - hopefully. Security-Wipe and then installing Opera with standard browser from opera.com got it working fine
    07-25-17 06:00 PM