Guys..are there any BlackBerry apps that reveal the Internet speed on screen permanently??..
    I tried using apks like network speed and net speed monitor..bt those apps are nt working properly..i jst want to monitor dwnloading and browzing speed.frm where ever iam in BlackBerry screens..

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 10:28 PM
    If i'm not wrong, what you want is a widget. Sadly, BlackBerry doesn't support widgets. What it can do though is minimise apps and let them run in the background. So you can monitor the data usage while e.g. the download is going on in the background.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 11:21 PM
    I'm nt talking bout widget..i had used onscreen net speed app in my HTC one..it was an apk..and it showed net speed (both during browzing and downloading) where ever I am..be it in musicc player..video player..messenger..it showed net speed in kbps at the top right corner of the screen,..i want the same in my BlackBerry bt I could nt find any aapps..

Classic
    08-04-15 02:21 AM
    Yeah, that's not happening, the way the OS is built apps aren't allowed to randomly display things like that on screen.

FML
    KermEd likes this.
    08-04-15 02:25 AM
    K

Classic
    08-04-15 08:09 AM
    I wz ta
    Onscreen internet speed-untitled_edit_edit_edit.pnglking bout apps like this..which shows net speed upload and dwnload data everywhere on screen

Classic
    08-04-15 10:09 PM
    Anywayz..i guess. Sch apps are nt there in BlackBerry and android apps won't work...

Classic
    08-04-15 10:10 PM
    Anywayz..i guess. Sch apps are nt there in BlackBerry and android apps won't work...

Classic
    It's not that they aren't there, it's more that it uses two things BlackBerry frowns upon. One is running utilities in the background without a direct reason - a network speed monitoring app, if at all accurate, would reduce your battery life to about 1/3. So instead you should really only use it when you need it in an active frame.

The second is they keep the device clean - its not meant for consumer use but general business use. So nothing should be overlaying or interfering with the normal OS dialogs, labels, popups, whitespace etc. It's also a security thing, nothing should be able to manipulate the info presented by the OS.

It's a cool idea. But today the few remaining BlackBerry frameworks just don't support it. And with how much they have pulled away from development - I dont see the frameworks expanding more than bug fixes... at least for the next 3 to 5 years.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    ginmit likes this.
    08-04-15 10:22 PM
    thnx

Classic
    08-05-15 12:21 AM