Dear everybody! Me and my colleague are managing a publishing house with 650 kilometers between us, and are dependent on secure business connection not to leak business info sent between us. We rely on BBM Enterprise for this.
    Now, my colleague is dependent on an old iPhone 5c, and is unable to upgrade the system to the latest iOS, because... Apple is Apple. This means he cannot use the latest BBM Enterprise app downloadable from AppStore. Were can we get an older BBM app working in older systems than iOS 11?!
    11-01-19 03:57 AM
    The newer client is required.

Your colleague needs to "invest" in some new equipment.
    11-01-19 08:05 AM
    Yep, I have told him that in the business around security, it is important to keep these apps the newest. Well, I said I would pop the question to people, and your answer is simple and clear.
    11-01-19 10:39 AM
    Yep, I have told him that in the business around security, it is important to keep these apps the newest. Well, I said I would pop the question to people, and your answer is simple and clear.
    You could also use Signal Messenger.
    11-01-19 03:11 PM
    Dear everybody! Me and my colleague are managing a publishing house with 650 kilometers between us, and are dependent on secure business connection not to leak business info sent between us. We rely on BBM Enterprise for this.
    Now, my colleague is dependent on an old iPhone 5c, and is unable to upgrade the system to the latest iOS, because... Apple is Apple. This means he cannot use the latest BBM Enterprise app downloadable from AppStore. Were can we get an older BBM app working in older systems than iOS 11?!
    If size is the issue, the iPhone SE or the upcoming iPhone SE2 could be a solution.
    11-01-19 03:14 PM
    That could be a good idea. Thanks!
    11-01-19 05:25 PM
    And conite, for the moment it is Signal..!
    11-01-19 05:26 PM
    Now, my colleague is dependent on an old iPhone 5c, and is unable to upgrade the system to the latest iOS, because... Apple is Apple.
    Or because the phone is 6 years old and no manufacturer supports phones for that long?
    11-01-19 07:04 PM
    That too. I try yo convince him to upgrade, but he is a bit... stubborn. If we are going to use these mobile devices for communication, upgrading is a necessary thing to keep the ever-shifting security situation in control. But you know, sometimes you are a little alone, preaching the world of mobile security. Too many are taking that lightly...
    11-02-19 06:52 AM