I want to buy a phone. i am planning to buy blackberry device z10 is handy 4.2" device.
    but as i heard is z10 is quite old and has shorter battery life.
    so i need to verify it from authentic sources so i am contacting you.

please tell me that how much longer z10 will be supported. ? hows its battery performance after os 10.3.1 upgrade?
    (my use is only twitter, mailing, and heavy use of camera)

sorry for my bad english
    06-22-15 01:50 AM
    I'm using a Z10 and am pretty fine with it.

It's right - the battery life is not comparable to newer BB10 devices. But it get's me through the day. If you're heavily using camera and twitter through out the day you should probably take a second battery with you. So at least you can swap batteries on the Z10. In my case the battery gets me through a full day. And OS update didn't really affect battery life. Except for the new power saving mode, wich I only use if the devices power is less than 20 %. So this might extend the battery life but also dims the display backlight.

If you're only using twitter, mailing and the cam, the device should be fine for you. Although I don't use twitter – so you should have a look at the twitter Apps available for BB10 if you used another smartphone OS before.

The camera is OK would say. The pictures are pretty good. But for sure they can't compete with newer Android / Iphone flagships. I think there is a thread in this forum, where you could look at some pictures, shot with the Z10.

Alls in all I really do like the Z10. For me there's no reason to change to any other device. I simply like the rather small size of the device. It's still snappy and get's things done! If you have spare battery or a battery booster, there's nothing to worry about! Still I'd recommend to take a look at some sample shots and the different third party twitter apps, available for BB10.
    sopanx likes this.
    06-22-15 02:27 AM
    As you want handy phone but still Z30 is better choice if you are comfortable with 5" screen.
    06-22-15 02:40 AM
    Battery life sucks, get 3 batteries or spend more and buy a Z30, well worth the extra cash

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.798
    06-22-15 02:41 AM
    Thanks for suggestions. 5" doesnt fit properly in my palm. thats the problem friend. thats why searching for nearly 4" devices.
    06-22-15 03:49 AM
    I'm using a Z10 and am pretty fine with it.

It's right - the battery life is not comparable to newer BB10 devices. But it get's me through the day. If you're heavily using camera and twitter through out the day you should probably take a second battery with you. So at least you can swap batteries on the Z10. In my case the battery gets me through a full day. And OS update didn't really affect battery life. Except for the new power saving mode, wich I only use if the devices power is less than 20 %. So this might extend the battery life but also dims the display backlight.

If you're only using twitter, mailing and the cam, the device should be fine for you. Although I don't use twitter – so you should have a look at the twitter Apps available for BB10 if you used another smartphone OS before.

The camera is OK would say. The pictures are pretty good. But for sure they can't compete with newer Android / Iphone flagships. I think there is a thread in this forum, where you could look at some pictures, shot with the Z10.

Alls in all I really do like the Z10. For me there's no reason to change to any other device. I simply like the rather small size of the device. It's still snappy and get's things done! If you have spare battery or a battery booster, there's nothing to worry about! Still I'd recommend to take a look at some sample shots and the different third party twitter apps, available for BB10.
    Thank You.
    yes i have used android before and disappointed as it hangs too much and crashes as well.
    06-22-15 03:50 AM
    Z10 is a great device. If you want it. Buy it.

Posted via CB10
    Ed YANG, sopanx and rhitdoph like this.
    06-22-15 09:28 AM
    I'm in the film/TV business where one would expect to see nothing but the "latest and greatest". Instead, I see even legacy BBerrys in use all the time. Two producers I'm working with on one project both have Q10s, I have a Z10, which has never let me down.
    rhitdoph, lift and sopanx like this.
    06-22-15 09:41 AM
    yes i have used android before and disappointed as it hangs too much and crashes as well.
    Glad I was able to help out. If you have any questions left you can always ask
    sopanx likes this.
    06-22-15 09:59 AM
    I want to buy a phone. i am planning to buy blackberry device z10 is handy 4.2" device.

please tell me that how much longer z10 will be supported. ? hows its battery performance after os 10.3.1 upgrade?

sorry for my bad english
    Z10 is pretty old but that doesn't mean it's a bad device. With regards to specs, almost exactly the same as current BB10 devices.

The only major difference is that current BB10 devices have much bigger batteries. Let's compare a device that just came out (Leap) vs (Z10)

Leap = 2,800mAh battery
    Z10 = 1,800mAh battery

They both have the exact same specs except for no NFC on the Leap. The Leap also has a 5" inch screen vs the Z10 (4.2")

Personally I would say, purchase a Z30 or a Leap if you going down the full touch road. Unless your main goal is to have a compact device. Then obviously go for the Z10.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    sopanx likes this.
    06-22-15 10:09 AM
    Z10 is a great device. If you want it. Buy it.
    This is why i got 2, when the z3 arrived sometime later, the 2 z10s rotates alternately every week, for my private line, with no data connection. One gets the update till the current .1779, another stays @ OS10.2. Fully charged, the updated one looses out to the one which stays @ OS10.2 for just a single day, with both usage pattern almost the same with 10mins call out, 5mins call in, connected to 2G network, and to bluetooth earpiece equally for 5hrs per day. The one which stays @ OS10.2 lasts for 3.5days with a single full charge.

Should OP want to get one now, i suggest that you look out for a new replacement battery first. As the one attached in the package may had been produced for some period of years, that it may have lost its charge, and the phone might reluctant to charge up such totally discharged battery.
    sopanx likes this.
    06-22-15 10:11 AM
    The Z10 doesn't have USB OTG or a FM Radio compared to the other's, though ^

Posted via CB10
    sopanx likes this.
    06-22-15 10:18 AM
    Please don't buy Z10. It will give you nothing except troubles! Battery issues are nightmare!! Pls go for Leap or Z3 if budget is an issue.
    sopanx likes this.
    06-22-15 10:35 AM
    I have a Verizon brand Z10. Works fine and my battery life has improved as the newer OS builds have been released. Gaming/multimedia is where I see the battery get hammered, other wise I am running a full day with email/txt without issue. The camera on the other hand isn't something stellar. Works in a pinch and under good lighting conditions. I think the Leap is a better choice from the 'newer' perspective, but I don't know the physical dimensions.
    sopanx likes this.
    06-22-15 10:44 AM
    Please don't buy Z10. It will give you nothing except troubles! Battery issues are nightmare!! Pls go for Leap or Z3 if budget is an issue.
    Depends what model, STL100-1 and I'd agree, overwise, nope..

And the OP wants a 4ish inch, not a massive 5
    06-22-15 11:05 AM
    They both have the exact same specs except for no NFC on the Leap. The Leap also has a 5" inch screen vs the Z10 (4.2")
    Well the Leap does not have 5 GHz Wifi and has a non removable battery. I don't know whether these points are important to OP.
    sopanx likes this.
    06-22-15 11:54 AM
    Glad I was able to help out. If you have any questions left you can always ask
    Haha... Sure.. Thanks Its A Great Help I'll Buy One.
    06-23-15 02:54 PM
    The Z10 doesn't have USB OTG or a FM Radio compared to the other's, though ^

Posted via CB10
    These options are not in my Priority list.. so it does not matter at all.
    06-23-15 02:55 PM
    Budget is not issue buddy Screensize surely is. and as far as Battery is concerned. i still have option of carrying Powerbanks.
    06-23-15 02:56 PM
    I have a Verizon brand Z10. Works fine and my battery life has improved as the newer OS builds have been released. Gaming/multimedia is where I see the battery get hammered, other wise I am running a full day with email/txt without issue. The camera on the other hand isn't something stellar. Works in a pinch and under good lighting conditions. I think the Leap is a better choice from the 'newer' perspective, but I don't know the physical dimensions.
    I don't Play games and very less use of Multimedia except Camera
    06-23-15 02:57 PM
    Depends what model, STL100-1 and I'd agree, overwise, nope..

And the OP wants a 4ish inch, not a massive 5
    What Model ? i didnt get you is there any ? please help
    06-23-15 02:58 PM
    Well the Leap does not have 5 GHz Wifi and has a non removable battery. I don't know whether these points are important to OP.
    Haha.. Yes I Wanted Removable Battery Thanks
    06-23-15 02:59 PM
    I Thank you all for Great Help. I am so Amazed. Thanks a million
    06-23-15 03:01 PM

sorry for my bad english
    Heavy use of camera alone will tell me the Z10 isn't for you.... it is slow to focues and many times get it wrong, and it's low lighting abilities are terrible.

Battery performance can be pretty bad depending on how much you use the phone. I have gotten a tablet that I carry with me most of time, so the Z10 is pretty much a communications device. And now the battery will last a good 10 hours, but back when I was browsing on it, Instagraming, playing games or watching a TV show... I'd be lucky to get 5 -6 hours.

Twitter & eMailing.... it is perfect for this.
    sopanx likes this.
    06-23-15 03:05 PM
    What Model ? i didnt get you is there any ? please help
    BlackBerry 10 phones have different regional models, the Z10 STL100-1 model uses some different hardware to the rest and has serious issues.

If you check which wave bands your country/network supports then cross check it against the models, if you match STL100-1 then I recommend to avoid it

Posted via CB10
    sopanx likes this.
    06-23-15 03:39 PM
37 12