Why is this whole process such a mystery??? Why can't this be simply explained by someone???? Why the scattering of updates all over the world, some yes and some no, is it by model #, serial #, carrier, or a guy in the matrix who simply randomly presses buttons in between his coffee and shower in morning???? I just don't get it, why the secrecy and lack of clarity!!!
    Looking through all of the threads and the frenzy that occurs around update time, it's just crazy no one understands what the bloody hell is really going on.
    I don't want to hear, I think it's this or I believe it's that. I also don't want to be told to simply download the leak. I just want someone who actually knows something to explain this once and for all.
    Maybe Crackberry can step up and do a write-up on the SPECIFICS (not supposition) of this process and clear it up! It would be interesting to understand from a technical perspective as well.
    Excuse the rant but I think this is a common source of irritation for many BlackBerry users.

Robertino BB-Z30
    02-20-15 05:44 AM
    its complicated if its carrier related release they will not release a unstable os till its properly tested like the situation we have here im on telus mobility No update yet and im not too upset over that i would rather wait a couple days till they work out the bugs and it seems there are a lot of them.
    02-20-15 06:14 AM
    02-20-15 06:18 AM
    its complicated if its carrier related release they will not release a unstable os till its properly tested like the situation we have here im on telus mobility No update yet and im not too upset over that i would rather wait a couple days till they work out the bugs and it seems there are a lot of them.
    I get that, but why then 2 phones purchased together on the same network and the same phone for crying out loud, do not get the updates close to the same time but days apart in some cases, Riddle me that?

Robertino BB-Z30
    Last edited by DrRobertino; 02-20-15 at 06:34 AM.
    02-20-15 06:22 AM
    Jaydee5799

That's not exactly helpful, this is a serious question and that thread you linked to doesn't address this issue whatsoever. If I missed a thread clearly explaining an answer to my question then please send me the link and I would be greatly appreciative. Otherwise, please tell someone at Crackberry to get on this issue and give us some sanity with a clear scientific explanation. :-)

Robertino BB-Z30
    02-20-15 06:25 AM
    Maybe this thread needs to be moved to Rehab?? It sure feels like an addiction problem constantly checking for an update and not knowing when it's coming. Very Pavlovian of BlackBerry to do this to their loyal users. Any mention of the word "Update" leads to constant uncontrollable salivation.

Robertino BB-Z30
    02-20-15 06:39 AM
    Why is this whole process such a mystery??? Why can't this be simply explained by someone???? Why the scattering of updates all over the world, some yes and some no, is it by model #, serial #, carrier, or a guy in the matrix who simply randomly presses buttons in between his coffee and shower in morning???? I just don't get it, why the secrecy and lack of clarity!!!
    Looking through all of the threads and the frenzy that occurs around update time, it's just crazy no one understands what the bloody hell is really going on.
    I don't want to hear, I think it's this or I believe it's that. I also don't want to be told to simply download the leak. I just want someone who actually knows something to explain this once and for all.
    Maybe Crackberry can step up and do a write-up on the SPECIFICS (not supposition) of this process and clear it up! It would be interesting to understand from a technical perspective as well.
    Excuse the rant but I think this is a common source of irritation for many BlackBerry users.

Robertino BB-Z30
    You're never going to get the exact answers you seek. The question has been asked for as long as BlackBerry has existed and you could ask 5 different people from BlackBerry and get 5 different answers. As was already mentioned, it's complicated.

Carriers roll out the OS, BlackBerry rolls out the OS. Some stage their rollouts over time, others don't. Some are sent to devices that are factory unlocked, others are not. Some people have better luck with their SIM in. Some people have better luck with their SIM out. Some people have better luck using the desktop software. Some people have better luck using the OTA process. Some carriers do more testing on the OS releases than others. It's a mixed bag all around.

Also, a good part of the confusion comes people not actually reading what the details are anyway. Nowhere in the announcement does it say 'these carriers are going to get the OS on the devices this day'. It says STARTING TODAY and follows it up with SUBJECT TO CARRIER APPROVAL but as has been proven time and time again, NO ONE READS THOSE VITAL PARTS OF INFORMATION and they start freaking out when others have something they don't currently have.

I know that answer sucks. You demand REAL FACTS but those are the REAL FACTS. The update process is like watching relationship statuses on Facebook from someone who's going through a messy divorce. It's complicated.
    02-20-15 08:01 AM
    Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 08:28 AM
    Thank you for the clarification, I completely understand now. So, in fact it is the architect of the matrix who utilizes his universe randomizer to disseminate the code to our phones. I guess I better stop asking questions now.

But seriously, I appreciate the answer. Though it would be interesting to see if someone could actually decipher this code which seems to be on par with the Kryptos Sculpture outside the CIA!! Hell, maybe they are one in the same.

This sounds like a great Crackberry challenge, solve this enigma and win a BlackBerry phone of your choosing!!!

What do you think ?

Robertino BB-Z30
    02-20-15 08:45 AM