Haven't been able to use talk to text since updating to Oreo. It sometimes works when on chrome although goggle assistant doesn't work as good as it did, if at all, since update. Although it worked that great before but it was better than nothing. It sounds like there's some interface issue between the BlackBerry android OS and Google. I read thru another thread about this but it didn't help resolve my issue. Have checked every setting, reset and redefined settings and looked on the Web for solutions but found none. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone Fix this problem?
    09-10-18 03:08 PM
    Have you tried a Factory Reset?
    09-12-18 11:18 AM
    Very similar issues here. Google assistant will not wake to "Ok Google", or "Hello Google". This started in the last week or so. No issues after the initial Oreo update, but after it "settled" I noticed slight changes (negative) to battery life, Google Assistant, lagging, etc... I know TPTB will say "Factory Reset", but I'm holding out for a less extreme solution.
    09-12-18 11:29 AM
    Can wait and see if the Sept patch gets it going for you again.

Might try searching Android sites in general to see if this is something others have experienced and fixed.
    09-12-18 11:37 AM
    still haven't solved this issue, anyone else still having talk-to-text issues or if you fixed them tell me how? Google talk to text works on Chrome talk-to-text works on the crackberry app but it does not work on any BlackBerry apps like dictating an email or a text
    10-25-18 10:17 AM
    I did a factory reset, Google assistant started working for a week or so, now is no longer recognizing voice commands. I've deleted my voice model, retrained- nothing. As a fanboy, this is frustrating. I would appreciate the secret to getting these features to consistently just work.
    11-08-18 04:46 PM
    Solution! From a Google search:
    "Go to Settings -> Apps -> Find the Google app and select Disable
    You will be asked if you want to disable the app and confirmation that it will be replaced with the factory version. Select Yes
    Enable the app back again and go to it in the launcher
    Enter Google app settings and find the Voice menu. Retrain your voice in the older app without any issues.
    Once you are done, you can go back to the Play Store and update the Google app
    Everything will work fine afterwards "
    11-08-18 10:16 PM
    Edit: if I update the Google app, I lose Google Assistant functionality. The key (for me, for now) is to keep the stock Google app, and disable auto update on Google app.
    11-09-18 07:11 AM