Starting this morning, when I make a phone call, there is no sound. I noticed the do not disturb icon appearing in the top menu bar while I'm making a call then it disappears. Any thoughts on the problem?
    10-21-17 09:59 AM
    Hello do a 32 second reboot holding down power and volume button during that time. Also make sure that you did not active by mistake Do Not Disturb mode.

Good luck

Posted via Z10, PASSPORT SE and or PRIV
    10-22-17 04:47 PM
    So after the most recent update I have found that as soon as I make a call or accept a call the phone goes into "do not disturb" mode and both the ear piece and Mike are muted. Where as if I am using Bluetooth or 3mm ear buds the phone functions as designed. I have gone through the 3 12 and 32 second resets to no avail. I have brought the phone into Telus for repair 3 times but they are pushing another phone and were actually quite rude for my choice in the blackberry keyone. Everything I have done has proved that this is an android software problem and there is currently no way for me to physically disable do not disturb. I was excited to receive the blackberry diagnostics app in the last update in September but nothing showed up in AA0472... le sigh

Right now I am looking into other phone apps but the phone does the same thing for Facebooks VOIP voice calls. I do love investigating things like this and figuring problems out but this is a crappy incomplete update roll out and actually my worst fear with blackberry going over to android. Love my passport and os10.
    Frank
    10-24-17 12:15 PM
    Hello! I just a somewhat similar problem today: When trying to make a call no sound was coming from the earpiece (the Do not disturb icon was there as usual but for me it never affected anything). When I tried to direct the sound to the loudspeaker it worked just fine (to my relief). I tried to reboot the phone but it didn't help. What did help though is blowing into the 3,5 jack port and turning the bluetooth on and off again. I am not sure which one did the trick as I did both before trying to make another call. But I assume the phone "thought" that either the headphones were plugged in or they were connected through bluetooth.
    Hope it will help somebody.
    hasanj4 likes this.
    01-02-18 11:13 AM
    I can't hear sound when making or receiving calls
    01-04-18 01:57 PM
    Had the same problem. No sound from earpiece but ok with speaker phone.
    I blew hard like 5 times into the jack port - and hey presto. IT WORKED!
    All good now.
    _komarac likes this.
    01-15-18 05:22 PM
    I have the same problem. No sound from main speakers when on call. Have to use either speaker phone or headphones. Nobody has a remedy for this ?
    06-05-18 04:28 PM
    Anyone found a remedy for this problem? I have the same issue since 2 days
    08-18-18 01:54 PM
    Fixed with blowing in headphone jack!
    I had same problem with no sound from earpiece started today. I try to fix problem with blowing in headphones jack and hooola it's start working. Thanks guys!
    08-29-18 03:52 PM
    I helped! Not sure which method it was that did it. Should've been more scientific and tried each one separately. Thanks.

Hello! I just a somewhat similar problem today: When trying to make a call no sound was coming from the earpiece (the Do not disturb icon was there as usual but for me it never affected anything). When I tried to direct the sound to the loudspeaker it worked just fine (to my relief). I tried to reboot the phone but it didn't help. What did help though is blowing into the 3,5 jack port and turning the bluetooth on and off again. I am not sure which one did the trick as I did both before trying to make another call. But I assume the phone "thought" that either the headphones were plugged in or they were connected through bluetooth.
    Hope it will help somebody.
    09-03-18 04:19 AM
    I tried to blowing and the bluetooth on/off. Sounds during calls on speaker and bluetooth in the car, but not a simple phone call on the headset. I would love some advice. Really a pain in the rear. I don't want to be one of those people who has phone calls in public on speaker.
    Thanks,
    Chris
    Houston, TX
    10-27-18 02:07 PM
    Same problem here, I could hear the call voice only through Bluetooth, Headset or speaker, what I did just hit the top of the phone hardly to book and its back to normal, I suggest you guys try the same before doing any changes in settings,the isssues started in the afternoon when I used Headphone jack for listening some music.

all the best.
    Attached Thumbnails No Sound in Earpiece on Calls - KEYone-blackberry-keyone.jpg  
    01-26-19 10:16 AM
    I've had this problem twice. Both times, it seemed to occur after a new software update came out

The first time, it seemed to resolve after another software patch came out (I was using a bluetooth headset until then just to make my phone usable).

Today, I found and read through this thread. Not willing to wait until another software patch, I decided to give it a try.

I dialed my voicemail, and waited until I was sure that the call was up, and was getting no sound. With much skepticism, I sealed my lips over the headphone jack, and blew sharply.

Lo-and-behold, the speaker came to life.

I'm guessing I was just looking for a pattern when I thought the problem/fix had to do with software updates.

But then, I also plugged my phone into different audio-device yesterday than I normally use... so it's likely this was the culprit all along.

Thanks for the tip!
    02-21-19 12:06 PM
    I just had the same problem. No sound on the earpiece whatever setting, but on speaker ok. There was no firmware/software update recently. A simple online search brings this thread at once. I tried blowing air from a can into the jack. Nothing. I tried like itzraam did here: hit the top of the phone on some soft surface (I knocked it on the carpet) and sound is back. Well, reminds me of knocking old cathodic televisors to get them working when components became a bit loose...
    09-26-19 07:49 PM
    Just chiming in here for posterity.

I was having the same issue; sound worked fine through BT and speaker, but was silent (or near inaudible) through the ear piece.

I set newspaper on a coffee table and did a controller drop on the top of the BBY a few times...and the sound is back.

Very odd. Hope this works for others.
    hadi_z likes this.
    11-11-19 06:08 PM
    Had the same problem. No sound from earpiece but ok with speaker phone.
    I blew hard like 5 times into the jack port - and hey presto. IT WORKED!
    All good now.
    Thanks a lot for the help and advice of blowing hard into headphone jack
    IT WORKED
    Thanks once again sir
    07-31-20 01:40 PM