My BBClassic gone mad today - when it receives texts, it doesn't show the number nor contact name... I don't know who writes to me and can't ask, because there's no number to reply to... Calls are all right, contact list is fine... Any thoughts?
    03-29-17 03:18 PM
    Hello there and welcome to crackberry! I would recommend that you try to rest your phone if you have not tried that already.
    KatKal likes this.
    03-29-17 03:57 PM
    My BBClassic gone mad today - when it receives texts, it doesn't show the number nor contact name... I don't know who writes to me and can't ask, because there's no number to reply to... Calls are all right, contact list is fine... Any thoughts?
    I seem to recall that's happened to me before, and the text messages were from unsolicited spam. Was there a web link as part of the text? (Which of course you didn't respond to ... )

As the above poster said, have you tried turning off/on your phone and see if it reoccurs.
    03-29-17 05:50 PM
    I seem to recall that's happened to me before, and the text messages were from unsolicited spam. Was there a web link as part of the text? (Which of course you didn't respond to ... )

As the above poster said, have you tried turning off/on your phone and see if it reoccurs.
    Happens to all texts, even without links. I tried the on/off way no luck
    03-29-17 05:59 PM
    Happens to all texts, even without links. I tried the on/off way no luck
    Ahh, so a settings issue?
    03-29-17 06:02 PM
    Just a thought, I wonder if it's a telco issue, can you send a text to someone on the same telco and ask them if they can see your details. If they use a BlackBerry it would be more convincing as to what the issue is, that is, your phone or the telco.
    03-29-17 06:09 PM
    Ahh, so a settings issue?
    Which settings? I can't find any place where I could change that... And it was OK yesterday morning...
    03-30-17 02:03 AM
    Just a thought, I wonder if it's a telco issue, can you send a text to someone on the same telco and ask them if they can see your details. If they use a BlackBerry it would be more convincing as to what the issue is, that is, your phone or the telco.
    I tried with a colleague at work - she also has a BB. I see her details, she sees mine. But when she texted me back - again - no number or name... I think I'll try factory settings...
    03-30-17 02:06 AM
    Which settings? I can't find any place where I could change that... And it was OK yesterday morning...
    You're right, no classic settings for this. (My priv yes, but not my classic).
    03-30-17 02:16 AM
    I tried with a colleague at work - she also has a BB. I see her details, she sees mine. But when she texted me back - again - no number or name... I think I'll try factory settings...
    Hopefully factory settings will resolve it.
    03-30-17 02:17 AM
    Just a thought, do you sync your contacts with gmail or hotmail etc?

I'm wondering if there may have been a corruption of the account, and you could check the PC version to confirm all the right boxes are ticked etc. (It may, or may not explain the reason the sms messages are corrupted re sender. )
    03-30-17 04:28 AM
    I tried one more thing - I restored my last saved copy of BB data, unfortunately from March 15, so not really up to date. ut it worked. I lost all texts between 15 and today, but I can see numbers and names of the text sender Yay! No factory setting needed. Thank you all for trying to help
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    03-30-17 06:23 AM
    Thank goodness its sorted, pity about the loss of some texts,but still it's working, yeah, lol 😀
    03-30-17 06:41 AM