It's a small new provider who uses the network of T-Mobile - I'm absolutely certain noone has ever heared of them xD

Also, they don't sell any devices themselfes (but only contracts), so they definitely don't care what phone I use
    Sounds like part or all of the problem--maybe?
    01-30-17 12:25 PM
    Unfortunately I don't know anyone who has a LTE enabled contract from a different provide, so I can't try that...

The support guy has taken all information he needs and said he'd call back tomorrow - but he also said, he's sure it's the phone, because LTE worked with my previous one
    01-30-17 12:25 PM
    Inside the OS is a list entailing what to do for each provider; using a provider that isn't in that list causes issues
    Wow - that's stupid ... of course it's not in the list ...

Can I give my provider that list and they can do something with it?

Is such a list INSIDE of the OS normal?! I'd imagine that causes more trouble than it does good?!
    01-30-17 12:33 PM
    Wow - that's stupid ... of course it's not in the list ...

Can I give my provider that list and they can do something with it?

Is such a list INSIDE of the OS normal?! I'd imagine that causes more trouble than it does good?!
    It's up to BlackBerry what goes into the list, but given your options you might as well ask your carrier to try to contact BlackBerry. Until it gets added to the list (doubtful) you'll either have to live with how it is now, use the same phone on a different carrier, or use a different (non-BB10) phone on the same carrier.

As for why the list is there, ask BlackBerry what they were smoking.
    01-30-17 12:38 PM
    Well, ok ... seems like it was a short - but fun - ride with my Passport ... I actually only got it, because my current phone startet to die and I needed something to fill the time until the Mercury gets released

Thanks anyways - wish Blackberry at least put that list online, so you don't buy a phone that only works partially...
    01-30-17 12:52 PM
    So, I just bought a Passport and everything is fine

EXCEPT for LTE/4G not working

My provider said on their side everything is set up correctly and it must be the phone (they don't even know the Passport...)

So what can I try to make LTE work - I really need it, because it's the only data connection available in my area.

When I turn off the device, take out the sim card, turn it on again, go to network settings and put in the sim card again, there's the option to choose LTE for a few second, but (I guess as soon at the phone has propperly connected to my provider) it disapears and theres only 2G, 2G & 3G and 3G available in the list...

can anybody help? :/

PS: The 10.3.3 update is not available for me yet...
    Make sure Phone is off, remove sim turn on. Wait until Phone fully powers on. Turn off reinstall sim.
    01-30-17 03:21 PM
    SIM card is cheap, I would go to your carrier and ask for a new sim card and try it before doing anything drastic. This will rule out sim. Yes, you said it worked in lumia 'before', do you still have access to the lumia? If so, if you put the sim in their does it work?
    01-30-17 03:31 PM
    LTE works on my black Passport unlocked with Bell Canada with OS version 10.3.3.2205 and Radio Version 10.3.3.2206
    01-30-17 03:50 PM
    It's up to BlackBerry what goes into the list, but given your options you might as well ask your carrier to try to contact BlackBerry. Until it gets added to the list (doubtful) you'll either have to live with how it is now, use the same phone on a different carrier, or use a different (non-BB10) phone on the same carrier.

As for why the list is there, ask BlackBerry what they were smoking.
    @thurask

I also have this issue for almost 2 years and my cell provider can't help me, I'm paying 4G and forced to use 3G [BOX][/BOX]

Tried to contact Blackberry and never answered my mail, in October last year I traveled to USA and my Blackberry worked perfectly in 4G (T-mobile) I felt the most happy man on earth see my Passport work as should do.
    I have tested with another prepaid sim card in my country and it does work in 4g, so I know my device is working properly, my carrier is bulling me.
    01-31-17 04:42 PM
    @thurask

I also have this issue for almost 2 years and my cell provider can't help me, I'm paying 4G and forced to use 3G [BOX][/BOX]

Tried to contact Blackberry and never answered my mail, in October last year I traveled to USA and my Blackberry worked perfectly in 4G (T-mobile) I felt the most happy man on earth see my Passport work as should do.
    I have tested with another prepaid sim card in my country and it does work in 4g, so I know my device is working properly, my carrier is bulling me.
    No your carrier just isn't supporting BlackBerry devices... using a niche device is a risk, using a niche carrier (compared to overall world market) is another risk, you combine them and some times you just don't get the service you want.

Did you check to see if your carrier was on the list that Thurask posted?
    see if you can find your carrier there: [XML] carrierIds.xml - Pastebin.com
    If it's not there then that might be the issue.
    Who is your carrier? Have you searched Google to see if any other BB10 owners have issues with LTE on that carrier?
    02-13-17 10:48 AM
    Hi Dunt Dunt Dunt

Did you check to see if your carrier was on the list that Thurask posted?
    Yes I did, and isn't in the list

My carrier is (Entel Peru) according to wikipedia they work using this freq.: UMTS 1900 / LTE 1700 / TD-LTE 2300

In my country Blackberry is almost a endangered specie, nobody uses anymore, I haven't seen any Passport user.

On the other hand, I purchased a prepaid SIM from a Vietnamese company (Bitel) and the use these freq. to operate: GSM 1900 / UMTS 1900 / LTE 900

I can get 4glte from them, but I can't change carriers yet until that company works with my bank (the send you the token code by sms to make internet operations), this last company is not available yet in my bank.

Nothing else to do
    02-13-17 12:09 PM
    Hi Dunt Dunt Dunt

Yes I did, and isn't in the list

My carrier is (Entel Peru) according to wikipedia they work using this freq.: UMTS 1900 / LTE 1700 / TD-LTE 2300

In my country Blackberry is almost a endangered specie, nobody uses anymore, I haven't seen any Passport user.

On the other hand, I purchased a prepaid SIM from a Vietnamese company (Bitel) and the use these freq. to operate: GSM 1900 / UMTS 1900 / LTE 900

I can get 4glte from them, but I can't change carriers yet until that company works with my bank (the send you the token code by sms to make internet operations), this last company is not available yet in my bank.

Nothing else to do
    You can always call the carrier and see if they will add support for BB10.... all they can say is no.
    02-13-17 02:35 PM
37 12