Hi all.

I'm Trying to get two android apps working on brand new passport se.

One. Dw contacts, has installed and is running but although permissions are correctly set, will not communicate with Call logs as it should. It's a great app for CRM so I'm either going to get it working or have to return the phone.

The second, ACR call recorder, pro version will not install via the .Apk or a converted .bar files. I've moved the pro. Apk to the sd card to try install from there but no joy. The free version is on amazon store and will install but feature set is limited. I've contacted the developer who says it's not worth his time to put the pro version on Amazon. I have tried other call recorders but none are as reliable as ACR.

Help please.

I really like the passport but need these apps to work.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 04:26 AM
    Help someone Please.
    I'd really like to, be able to get these apps working and stick with 'this great phone.
    02-27-16 09:26 AM
    I'm sorry to say I think if these are deal breakers then the deal is broken.

All I could suggest is making sure you have the latest os and Android runtime...there was a runtime update in bbworld recently

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 09:31 AM
    Sorry I am unable to help either as I know nothing about those apps. Have you investigated any alternatives in Blackberry World? I know you have said you have tried many call recorders. Does that include BBW recorders (of which there are many)? As for DW Contacts, have you applied Cobalt's Google Play patcher as per: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/ ? Sorry, if this doesn't help any but this is what you get with BB10 unfortunately. A good OS but a poor ecosystem.
    02-27-16 10:07 AM
    Hi there and thank you.
    I'll try the play patcher and keep you posted.
    Re recorders. I've tried several and found none to Work as well as ACR.
    Best wishes
    John.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 10:21 AM
    Hi there and thank you.
    I'll try the play patcher and keep you posted.
    Re recorders. I've tried several and found none to Work as well as ACR.
    Best wishes
    John.

Posted via CB10
    Make sure you follow those directions to the TEE. Very important. Good luck!
    02-27-16 10:22 AM
    Hi again.
    I've run cobalt's magic, installed the play store and marvelled at being able to download my android apps to this great phone.

Unfortunately neither of the apps I need will work. And ACR won't even load, despite being able to buy licence via play store.

Here's to persevering though.

Regards

John.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 05:28 PM
    Hi again.
    I've run cobalt's magic, installed the play store and marvelled at being able to download my android apps to this great phone.

Unfortunately neither of the apps I need will work. And ACR won't even load, despite being able to buy licence via play store.

Here's to persevering though.

Regards

John.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry to hear that, but good for you to try.
    02-27-16 08:45 PM
    Hi again
    I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but it looks like the most appropriate.
    Bought Passport and delighted with this brilliant phone.
    I have installed the Play Store via the Cobalt route (thanks, quite amazing, well explained) :
    My problem is with android apps that require access to the call/sms logs and contacts:
    I'm trying to get the following to run properly.
    1. ACR call recorder
    2. DW contacts
    Both will install and run fine, neither however correctly interacts with the call log.
    I use DW contacts to make notes after calls, the contacts are visible however the calls are not registering.
    I use ACR to record calls, the calls are recording (not as well as on android but probably settings related) but the contacts from whom the call derives are not loading.
    As far as I can see the permissions are set correctly, it seems that BB is Sandboxing, the very reason I left iOS.
    Hopefully there is something simple I've omitted.
    or do I need to go the Whitelist route and if so why/how to do this??
    with thanks
    John
    03-10-16 03:15 PM
    Hi again
    I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but it looks like the most appropriate.
    Bought Passport and delighted with this brilliant phone.
    I have installed the Play Store via the Cobalt route (thanks, quite amazing, well explained) :
    My problem is with android apps that require access to the call/sms logs and contacts:
    I'm trying to get the following to run properly.
    1. ACR call recorder
    2. DW contacts
    Both will install and run fine, neither however correctly interacts with the call log.
    I use DW contacts to make notes after calls, the contacts are visible however the calls are not registering.
    I use ACR to record calls, the calls are recording (not as well as on android but probably settings related) but the contacts from whom the call derives are not loading.
    As far as I can see the permissions are set correctly, it seems that BB is Sandboxing, the very reason I left iOS.
    Hopefully there is something simple I've omitted.
    or do I need to go the Whitelist route and if so why/how to do this??
    with thanks
    John
    Have you considered the native options for your call notes? Toysoft makes a nice one, (Call Notes). Also, BlackBerry hasn't released an API allowing that crisp other side recording on their phones - that's why the volume of your caller is always lower. You can achieve excellent recordings however if you route the call through speakerphone. Not always ideal, but it works. I've had good results using Runisoft's Record My Call and equal results with Call Recorder by X-Reve (both on BBW).

Refer back to the first post of Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page for the run down on whitelisting. It's the fifth blocked paragraph down... it too is step by step.
    03-10-16 04:51 PM