Our company usually keeps a few spares but we're fresh out. We ordered a few more, and the seller indicated they were sta100-5 but when they showed up, they were sta100-2. Now we're stuck.

Does anyone know where we might find a couple of new sta100-5's?

We are working on transitioning off of BlackBerry 10, but we're not quite there yet and need a stop gap to hold us over.

Any ideas are very very very much appreciated.

Also, I should have mentioned, due to the nature of the business, it's important that these devices be from a legitimate source.

Thanks!
    04-11-18 05:42 PM
    Our company usually keeps a few spares but we're fresh out. We ordered a few more, and the seller indicated they were sta100-5 but when they showed up, they were sta100-2. Now we're stuck.

Does anyone know where we might find a couple of new sta100-5's?

We are working on transitioning off of BlackBerry 10, but we're not quite there yet and need a stop gap to hold us over.

Any ideas are very very very much appreciated.

Also, I should have mentioned, due to the nature of the business, it's important that these devices be from a legitimate source.

Thanks!
    What is your country and carrier?
    04-11-18 05:48 PM
    What is your country and carrier?
    With some minor exceptions, they're primarily used in the USA on T-Mobile.
    04-11-18 05:56 PM
    With some minor exceptions, they're primarily used in the USA on T-Mobile.
    You should be just fine with the STA100-2.

You won't get LTE, but even the -5 only works on the single TMO band 5.

They both get HSPA+ bands 1 and 2, although the -5 also gets band 4.
    04-11-18 06:30 PM
    You should be just fine with the STA100-2.

You won't get LTE, but even the -5 only works on the single TMO band 5.

They both get HSPA+ bands 1 and 2, although the -5 also gets band 4.
    I know the LTE issue was a significant concern, so if I'm understanding correctly the T-Mobile LTE band is only good on -5?

I might be able to get them to go refurbished if there was a reputable source....

Also, I've thought about trying to get some of our damaged ones repaired, but have ZERO experience with that and it would need to be a local shop that does the work. The primary issue with a few of them is a muffled microphone. I've seen various ideas as to how this happens and how to fix it, but nothing conclusive. Any thoughts on that?
    04-11-18 06:52 PM
    I know the LTE issue was a significant concern, so if I'm understanding correctly the T-Mobile LTE band is only good on -5?

I might be able to get them to go refurbished if there was a reputable source....

Also, I've thought about trying to get some of our damaged ones repaired, but have ZERO experience with that and it would need to be a local shop that does the work. The primary issue with a few of them is a muffled microphone. I've seen various ideas as to how this happens and how to fix it, but nothing conclusive. Any thoughts on that?
    Not sure what the parts situation is out there. You should talk to a repair centre.
    04-11-18 07:07 PM