I have one of the original 1st gen Passports. Thinking that the battery will fail eventually I ordered and received a new 2nd gen Passport (rounded edges) and went through the setup process.
    Everything is good and I get to the final stage, the simple gesture tutorial. That completes as well.
    Unfortunately, the Passport never properly records the fact that Setup has completed and, on every reboot, I find a message in the Hub asking me to complete the setup and it shows me the gesture tutorial again.
    The real problem is that I am trying to transfer my old Passport's content to the new one using Blackberry Link and, while Link detects the new Passport it refuses to connect to it, saying it needs to be set up.
    11-09-20 11:24 PM
    There are three variants for the Passport... but they are all Gen 1. The SE might have newer batteries, or it might have used ones from the same batch as the AT&T and the Original.

Are you using the same BBID... might try turning off BlackBerry Protect on the old phone.

But most times running an Autoloader will get you going again.
    11-10-20 08:58 AM
    I have one of the original 1st gen Passports. Thinking that the battery will fail eventually I ordered and received a new 2nd gen Passport (rounded edges) and went through the setup process.
    Everything is good and I get to the final stage, the simple gesture tutorial. That completes as well.
    Unfortunately, the Passport never properly records the fact that Setup has completed and, on every reboot, I find a message in the Hub asking me to complete the setup and it shows me the gesture tutorial again.
    The real problem is that I am trying to transfer my old Passport's content to the new one using Blackberry Link and, while Link detects the new Passport it refuses to connect to it, saying it needs to be set up.
    Are you actually connecting to Wi-Fi in the setup process and letting it connect to the servers to check for updates and region customization?
    11-10-20 09:55 AM
    Are you actually connecting to Wi-Fi in the setup process and letting it connect to the servers to check for updates and region customization?
    Yes I am. I don't have a SIM in it but when I initially googled Setup issues I found a message on Blackberry Support that indicated that it need a SIM or WiFi to complete setup. Having WiFi did not correct it, still stuck in the loop.
    11-10-20 10:41 AM
    There are three variants for the Passport... but they are all Gen 1. The SE might have newer batteries, or it might have used ones from the same batch as the AT&T and the Original.

Are you using the same BBID... might try turning off BlackBerry Protect on the old phone.

But most times running an Autoloader will get you going again.
    Yeah - I am aware that getting a new, in-the-box one won't necessarily give me another 5 years of battery life, but I think the Passport is the best phone I've ever used and I'll keep going as long as I can (I also have the Priv - beautiful but Android is a damn pain).

The last step I tried was setting the BBID on the new Passport to the same as the old one. No dice. Same loop.

Now what does "running an Autloader" refer to?
    11-10-20 10:51 AM
    Yeah - I am aware that getting a new, in-the-box one won't necessarily give me another 5 years of battery life, but I think the Passport is the best phone I've ever used and I'll keep going as long as I can (I also have the Priv - beautiful but Android is a damn pain).

The last step I tried was setting the BBID on the new Passport to the same as the old one. No dice. Same loop.

You've got a few different issues going on there if you don't properly remove the device from BlackBerry Protect and properly logout from BBID before factory reset or autoloader.

If you're not careful, you'll have a permanent brick. Impatience and frustration are your biggest issues right now. Take a break.
    11-10-20 01:36 PM

Read up on it here https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...loader-927076/
    11-10-20 02:04 PM
    I recently picked up a Passport with similar problems. Turns out it had a beta OS installed. Reloading the OS with an autoloader fixed things.
    11-11-20 07:51 AM