Hi, new to this forum and Android, but not new to BB. Earlier this week I finally pulled the trigger on "upgrading" from my Z10 I've used since it launched, to the BB Motion. I miss it already

General moaning about change aside, I finally got the new phone somewhat organized. Contacts, music, photos etc. moved over. Some basic apps installed. I still had lots of customization I wanted to do, but the phone was starting to be functional. I couldn't get my photos on my SD card to show up in the google photos app without backing them up on the cloud apparently, so after a long time messing around with the phone that day, I started the backup process and went to bed. Next day, this is what I was greeted with.

-Home button works to unlock the phone, but doesn't work once unlocked.

-Square (Recent Apps?) button does nothing, although it vibrates when touched.

-Swiping down from top for quick settings partially works, but only the first row, and the drop down menu doesn't work.

-No notifications

-BB Priority Hub disappeared

-The photo backup has been stuck at about 90% complete all this time, 2 days now despite me force stopping the app and restarting the backup process over and over.

Phone Info:
    -BB Motion BBD100-2, Android Nougat 7.1.2 Build # AAY818
    -Possible error code from power button screen? (N2G47H) Honestly not sure what that is, when I hold the power button it gives me 3 options, Shutdown, Restart, and Take Bug Report with 7.1.2(N2G47H).

Here's what I've done so far:

-Restarted the phone multiple times

-Force stopped all the apps

-Unchecked start in background for all apps

-Uninstalled and reinstalled things like Priority Hub

-Restarted in Safe Mode

When I restarted in Safe Mode, the same problems persisted and I noticed all my app icons were gone, which I assumed was a safe mode thing. However when I restarted in normal mode, all my icons were still gone. The apps are still there though.

In summary, all the apps besides Priority Hub seem to work fine, but navigating is difficult and multitasking is impossible. As I said I'm new to Android so I might be missing something obvious, but all I can think to do at this point is factory reset the phone and I'd really rather not do that considering how awful getting it to this point was for me. Thanks in advance for any help!
    06-10-18 07:28 PM
    As I said I'm new to Android so I might be missing something obvious, but all I can think to do at this point is factory reset the phone and I'd really rather not do that considering how awful getting it to this point was for me. Thanks in advance for any help!
    Just factory reset it. It'll save you more hassle in the long run and it sounds as though you used the BlackBerry Content Transfer app which is terrible and full of bugs. If I had to guess, that's 99% of the reason you had troubles.

When you set your device up again, you should try to move as much stuff as possible manually. Some of it will have already been moved from the first time you did it and should be easy to restore back as you can just use the already existing Google backup at that point.
    06-10-18 10:57 PM
    Just factory reset it. It'll save you more hassle in the long run and it sounds as though you used the BlackBerry Content Transfer app which is terrible and full of bugs. If I had to guess, that's 99% of the reason you had troubles.

When you set your device up again, you should try to move as much stuff as possible manually. Some of it will have already been moved from the first time you did it and should be easy to restore back as you can just use the already existing Google backup at that point.
    I would've preferred to do it manually but for some reason I can no longer access my Z10 in explorer. Maybe I can do it through blend, that's how I got my pictures off, very slowly :P

Thanks for reply, reset it is.
    06-10-18 11:35 PM