I noticed right away the spacebar, while it functions just fine, the click behind it is noticeably different from the rest of the keys. It's like a... lighter, shallower click than the rest.

Also the backlight is not as consistent across all keys as it is on my KEYone. My Key2 keyboard is slightly brighter around the R and T keys and gets gradually dimmer from that point moving toward the keys on the edge of the keyboard.

Maybe I'm just nitpicky but if I need to do an exchange I would like to do that within the next two weeks.
    08-28-19 08:33 PM
    I noticed right away the spacebar, while it functions just fine, the click behind it is noticeably different from the rest of the keys. It's like a... lighter, shallower click than the rest.

Also the backlight is not as consistent across all keys as it is on my KEYone. My Key2 keyboard is slightly brighter around the R and T keys and gets gradually dimmer from that point moving toward the keys on the edge of the keyboard.

Maybe I'm just nitpicky but if I need to do an exchange I would like to do that within the next two weeks.
    Some people have said the same about the spacebar. The feel seems to vary a bit between devices.
    08-28-19 10:20 PM

Very normal like my Key2 that I got new two weeks ago.
    08-28-19 10:53 PM
    Welcome to CB and congrats on your KEY2.

You should know that ALL KEY2's have a spacebar that clicks differently than the rest of the keys.

To be honest, even the KEYone and LE have a slightly different clicking feel and sound compared to the other keys, but it's much more pronounced in the KEY2.

That said, to me the higher pitched clicking sound and lighter pressure aren't major annoyances, especially since the former cannot be heard when in anything but perfectly quiet environment.

However, what's NOT normal in a premium device like this is when the spacebar feels a bit loose or wobbly, and not as firmly attached as the other keys.

To me, personally, if my KEY2 had such a spacebar, I would return it and grab another.

If yours is firm, I definitely say keep it.
    08-28-19 11:03 PM
    How about the keyboard backlight? Is it normal for the illumination to not be consistent across all the keys?
    08-30-19 02:27 AM
    How about the keyboard backlight? Is it normal for the illumination to not be consistent across all the keys?
    It should be somewhat consistent. But I think the KEYBerry's have it a bit dimmer on the keys that are right above the spacebar for some reason.

Doesn't bother me in the least bit, as long as all keys depress about the same
    08-30-19 11:07 AM