Ok, after maybe 100 drops I finally shattered my awesome Z30.
    I ordered a replacement glass/frame only and when it arrived I opened up the Z.
    Long story short the glass and screen seem to be manufactured as a single piece. I see no way anyone could replace the glass only. I have now ordered a replacement screen with glass.
    So my question is has anyone other than Blackberry itself been able to swap out the glass only? It seemed weird I could actually order the glass only as it appears to be manufactured as 1 piece from the screen.
    Anyways I can rebuild a transmission and recently swapped out a Q10 keyboard so consider myself fairly handy.
    Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-17 11:55 AM
    Think you can buy anything...

The LCD Screen and Digitizer Assembly with Frame is what you want... very easy replacement
    04-19-17 12:24 PM
    I have ordered the easy fix. Difference is screen etc is 60 bucks, glass only is 10.
    Wonder what I can use the glass frame for?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-17 07:20 PM
    When the assembly arrives, verify that it is the correct one. The Verizon model uses a different assembly than all of the other variants. In either case the repair is about a 10 minute job even if you are way overly cautious.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-17 08:02 PM
    Ok, after maybe 100 drops I finally shattered my awesome Z30.
    I ordered a replacement glass/frame only and when it arrived I opened up the Z.
    Long story short the glass and screen seem to be manufactured as a single piece. I see no way anyone could replace the glass only. I have now ordered a replacement screen with glass.
    So my question is has anyone other than Blackberry itself been able to swap out the glass only? It seemed weird I could actually order the glass only as it appears to be manufactured as 1 piece from the screen.
    Anyways I can rebuild a transmission and recently swapped out a Q10 keyboard so consider myself fairly handy.
    Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    First, you use heat to separate the old cracked digitizer glass from the LCD. It looks tedious. Then there's this clear glue (UV-activated, if I recall correctly) that you have to use to bond the new digitizer glass to the LCD. For the iPhone, there's a special cradle/mold to ensure that the pieces are lined up properly. It's precise work. In any case, it's much easier to replace the complete LCD/digitizer assembly.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-19-17 10:47 PM
    Thanks for that. Maybe I'll try once my screen is installed to make a spare unit. It will be no loss if I can't make it work.
    Cheers and thank you all.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-17 10:17 AM
    Thanks for that. Maybe I'll try once my screen is installed to make a spare unit. It will be no loss if I can't make it work.
    Cheers and thank you all.

Posted via CB10
    Good idea... let us know how it goes.
    04-20-17 10:19 AM