05-03-17 02:14 PM
41 12
tools
    OK seems we found the issue why notification no coming in HUB. Can you settings that we went thru on wife's DTEK60.
    Have you installed recently in particular 3rd party apps?

Posted via PRIV and or PASSPORT SE
    04-29-17 06:07 PM
    Also check the following:
    Go settings, accounts, top right corner 3 dots..check there: Auto sync ON. Was it ON?

See screenshot.
    04-30-17 12:11 AM
    1. Auto-sync data is on.
    2. I recently upgraded my Chromecast 2 to Chromecast Ultra. That required me to install the Google Home app to manage casting. I have many other third party apps but `i think that is the only new one in the lat couple of weeks.
    3. I will compare again my settings with my wife's and let you know.

Are we getting close to havig to do a factory reset, will that resolve the problem?
    04-30-17 02:10 AM
    OK, I have compared the setings on my wife's DTEK60 device to mine, I think I have found something that could be relevant:

1. My BB Hub+ Services Version No: 1.5.2.44498, my wife's: 1.5.1.44322
    2. My Hub Version: 1.5.2.12708, my wife's: 1.5.1.12605

I subscribe to the BB Beta Zone Programme, so I guess that is why the version numbers are the different.

Could this be the issue? If so, how can I get back to an earleir version of the two apps. Which version do you have?

I have looked in the Beta Zone discissions and there is no mention of a problem similar to mine, maybe I should raise the issue in the discussion forum.
    04-30-17 04:00 AM
    Hello Ok so sync data ok.
    Now the versions of HUB+ services and HUB that is the key!
    I checked mine and yes have exactly same version as your wife. Installing BETA has its risks that's what it's for to test.
    DO bring this up in the BETA test group explain all the things we have checked and done Re cache, data, 32 second test and still not getting email notifications.
    Try this before a ultimate factory reset.
    Please do let me know how it goes.
    Good luck.
    04-30-17 04:34 AM
    I'll make a formal Bug Report in the Beta programme and also raise it in the discussions area. I'll let you know what happens in the end, although it may take some days or even weeks before it is resolved.

You have been great, thank you for your patience, hopefully others might benefit from reading this thread.

De verdad te agradezco tu ayuda, mereces una estrella!
    04-30-17 05:18 AM
    Hello @mkatkinson my pleasure trying to help you. Seems we found where the issue is coming from. To help you further besides posting in BetaZone try also the following emails for BlackBerry App support. You can also try sending a DM to @LiamQ see screen shot attached. He is from BlackBerry and sometimes does pop in and out from the forums.
    All the best of luck. Looking forward to your news!

Suerte amigo! Paciencia!!
    04-30-17 05:29 AM
    I tried sending an email to bbappsupport@blackberry.com but I got an automated reply saying that I needed to be a current paid subscriber to BB support services. I tried to complete the form they supplied but I need a support contract it seems?
    04-30-17 01:01 PM
    I tried sending an email to bbappsupport@blackberry.com but I got an automated reply saying that I needed to be a current paid subscriber to BB support services. I tried to complete the form they supplied but I need a support contract it seems?
    Hello try sending a DM message via forum here to @LiamQ explain detail the issue you are having with your HUB.

Good luck

04-30-17 02:05 PM
    I've sent a DM to @LiamQ, thanks for the sugestion.
    05-01-17 01:42 AM
    Great. Keep me updated and see how this goes. Definitely sounds like something with the BETA apps you have installed.

05-01-17 05:36 AM
    @mkatkinson, I assume that rebooting didn't help?

Could you send a BugReport to bbappsupport@blackberry.com shortly after receiving email for which you would have expected a notification? There is a "Take bug report" option in Settings -> Developer options. You can enable Developer options by tapping 7 times on Settings -> About phone -> Build number.
    05-01-17 08:36 AM
    Could you also confirm that notifications are not blocked in Settings -> Notifications -> BlackBerry Hub+ Services?
    05-01-17 09:17 AM
    Hi LiamQ, thanks for replying:

1. Notifications are not blocked in BB Hub+ Services.

2. I have tried to take a bug report and have followed the steps you indicated above. The device seems to be taking the bug report, the device vibrates at the start (after I click 'Take Bug Report'), the red pulse light flashes, and after a minute or so the device vibrates again and the pulse light stops flashing. But the usual screen that follows does not appear, nothing pops up to complete the report and send it. Where has the bug report gone to, how do I send it to the email address you have given me?

I was part of the BB Beta Zone OS programme which has stopped its Beta programme recently. An email received from betainfo@blackberry.com dated April 12 said:

[Recommended] Disable diagnostic reporting now, in Settings > Developer options > Log collection > Diagnostic settings > General settings > Capture (set it to Off).

Log Collection is now greyed out in my device. Is that the reason I don't seem to be able to capture and report a bug?

I have checked through and followed BB Knowledge Base: "How to collect logs from a BlackBerry smartphone powered by Android - Article Number: 000037578". But I do not get the "notification" mentioned in Step 4 of that Knowledge Base article.

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by mkatkinson; 05-01-17 at 04:08 PM.
    05-01-17 01:29 PM
    Hi LiamQ,

I'm wondering if you have had a chance to consider my post above?

I'd really like to know if you think that my "no notifications" problem is related to the last Beta Hub release, or do I need to look somewhere else.

Is the Beta team aware of this bug?

If it is something to do with that Beta release, maybe it will resolved by the next release?

Thanks.
    05-02-17 04:39 PM
    @mkatkinson, it looks like you're in touch with John from our Beta team. He should be able to help you get logs.
    05-03-17 02:14 PM
41 12